Mild spoilers

Important stuff, please read before posting
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mild spoilers

Post by IanKennedy »

I've added a new Mild Spoiler tag today. It works exactly as the Spoiler tag does except that it should be used for things that don't really give that much away. The idea is to use it to let people know that they are not going to kill themselves if they find out the spoiler content. For example:
Titanic sinks at the end of the movie.
Serious spoiler, but, If you don't know this by now same on you:
Bruce willis is dead in the sixth sense.
email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Mild spoilers

Post by Nutso »

So the unexpected name of a character should be a mild spoiler, is that correct?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I think the decision is based upon how much you would not want to know that information if you hadn't seen the movie / series in question. So if it has a large impact on your knowledge of the outcome then it would be a serious spoiler, otherwise sure it could be mild.

For example, if you discover that an upcoming episode of Star Trek : Picard is going to feature a character called James T. Kirk then that would be major, I think you would agree. If on the other hand you know that the character is going to be "Peter Smith" I don't even think it needs to be a spoiler.

As I said how much damage would it do to know the information prior to seeing the movie. If it will ruin your day it is certainly serious. If it is not really important then Mild. It is then up to the reader to decide if they wish to read Mild spoilers but not Spoilers or neither.

Here is an example:
viewtopic.php?p=343558#p343558

It doesn't really give anything away, but it does show that sometime obvious is coming in the movie.
email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Okay. Thanks.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park