What Happened to Tarantino’s ‘Star Trek’ Film? Every Detail About His Canceled Pitch

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

What Happened to Tarantino’s ‘Star Trek’ Film? Every Detail About His Canceled Pitch

Post by Nutso »

https://variety.com/feature/quentin-tar ... 235184059/
Tarantino intended to bring a “Pulp Fiction” vibe to “Star Trek” with an idea that was a largely earthbound story set in a 1930s gangster setting. Tarantino’s pitch appeared to take inspiration from “A Piece of the Action,” the 17th episode of the second season of “Star Trek: The Original Series.” The installment, which aired in 1968, followed the Enterprise crew as they visit a planet with an Earth-like 1920s gangster culture.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What Happened to Tarantino’s ‘Star Trek’ Film? Every Detail About His Canceled Pitch

Post by IanKennedy »

Hmm... As much as I would like to see him involved I think this idea is pretty derivative.
email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: What Happened to Tarantino’s ‘Star Trek’ Film? Every Detail About His Canceled Pitch

Post by Nutso »

IanKennedy wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:03 pm Hmm... As much as I would like to see him involved I think this idea is pretty derivative.
yeah. The attraction would have been to see what Quentin Tarantino would do with Star Trek.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Apparently he would copy an old TOS episode...
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:20 pm Apparently he would copy an old TOS episode...
Yeah no interest in a gangster movie with a title of Star Trek.

It would have been far more interesting in doing let's say Errand of Mercey. And it would have been right up his alley too.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"