Tom Veitch, Writer of the Star Wars Dark Empire: Trilogy, and Star Wars: Tales From the Jedi, Has Died

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Tom Veitch, Writer of the Star Wars Dark Empire: Trilogy, and Star Wars: Tales From the Jedi, Has Died

Post by Nutso »

https://gizmodo.com/tom-veitch-dead-sta ... 1848563003
In a time when Star Wars had all but faded away, Tom Veitch helped keep the Force alive. Veitch was one of the leading comic book writers for the Star Wars Dark Horse line in the 1990s and introduced stories and concepts that still resonate today. In sad news for Star Wars fans everywhere though, the author passed away recently at the age of 80, according to Wookieepedia.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tom Veitch, Writer of the Star Wars Dark Empire: Trilogy, and Star Wars: Tales From the Jedi, Has Died

Post by IanKennedy »

RIP
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Tom Veitch, Writer of the Star Wars Dark Empire: Trilogy, and Star Wars: Tales From the Jedi, Has Died

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

:( I love Tales of the Jedi. It's a pre-pre-prequel that's got just enough Star Wars in it to be connected, but remembers it's in the distant past so isn't slavish in depicting it. It gave me some of my favorite characters, like Empress Teta, Nomi Sunrider, Uliq Qel-Droma...

RIP, Sir.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:45 pm :( I love Tales of the Jedi. It's a pre-pre-prequel that's got just enough Star Wars in it to be connected, but remembers it's in the distant past so isn't slavish in depicting it. It gave me some of my favorite characters, like Empress Teta, Nomi Sunrider, Uliq Qel-Droma...

RIP, Sir.
Yep. He pretty much built the Knights of the Old Republic universe. Created the history of the Sith, the Jedi weren't afraid of emotion. Exar Kun is my favorite from those stories, although the best series was Redemption. Also his Jedi Master, Vodo-Siosk Baas,fought with a walking stick he energizes with the Force. How cool was that?!
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:27 am
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:45 pm :( I love Tales of the Jedi. It's a pre-pre-prequel that's got just enough Star Wars in it to be connected, but remembers it's in the distant past so isn't slavish in depicting it. It gave me some of my favorite characters, like Empress Teta, Nomi Sunrider, Uliq Qel-Droma...

RIP, Sir.
Yep. He pretty much built the Knights of the Old Republic universe. Created the history of the Sith, the Jedi weren't afraid of emotion. Exar Kun is my favorite from those stories, although the best series was Redemption. Also his Jedi Master, Vodo-Siosk Baas,fought with a walking stick he energizes with the Force. How cool was that?!
Immensely cool. And I love Redemption, too. Ulic's journey and teaching Vima, then fading away at the end in peace and helping healing is just *Chef's kiss*.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:51 pm
Nutso wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:27 am

RIP, Sir.
Immensely cool. And I love Redemption, too. Ulic's journey and teaching Vima, then fading away at the end in peace and helping healing is just *Chef's kiss*.
For awhile there, i was weirded out by the series' idea that whenever a Jedi Master dies, they become one with the Force. I didn't understand why that happened due a ranking system. However, when Ulic died and became one with the Force, I understood that. He achieved redemption for himself in training Vima, and despite being blinded from feeling the Force, he still became one with the Force because in the end he acted as a noble Jedi Master should.

Also, I neglected to say this before but, "Nomi Sunrider" is a cooler name than "Luke Skywalker." I'm sorry but it just rolls off the tongue better.
Stan - South Park