Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Lore Reloaded - Sovereign Class: When the Borg Anger Daddy

Post by Coalition »

I figure it was also a case where the Borg Cube had been weakened by steady fighting the entire time, but the Federation ships were weakened as well. Both sides are weakened, while the Enterprise is a fresh capital ship with a Captain that can hear the Borg network. So the regular Federation ships are firing at known weak points that the Borg are likely strengthening, then Picard comes in, picks a different location that the Borg had weakened, and the shots are able to smash through.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Coalition wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:10 am I figure it was also a case where the Borg Cube had been weakened by steady fighting the entire time, but the Federation ships were weakened as well. Both sides are weakened, while the Enterprise is a fresh capital ship with a Captain that can hear the Borg network. So the regular Federation ships are firing at known weak points that the Borg are likely strengthening, then Picard comes in, picks a different location that the Borg had weakened, and the shots are able to smash through.
I agree. The Cube definitely had damage and was struggling to repair it. That Borg cube was definitely weakened to the point where a concentrated attack even on a non critical area could do significant damage. Like it was shown in the movie.

Though the fact the Enterprise barely felt the impacts of the Borg weapons shows either the power output of the Borg weapons were weakened or the Sovereign class had far better shields.

I think somewhere in the books it was mentioned that the cube also faced a far larger fleet than Wolf 359 and the cube took out a good portion of the fleet.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Coalition wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:10 am I figure it was also a case where the Borg Cube had been weakened by steady fighting the entire time, but the Federation ships were weakened as well. Both sides are weakened, while the Enterprise is a fresh capital ship with a Captain that can hear the Borg network. So the regular Federation ships are firing at known weak points that the Borg are likely strengthening, then Picard comes in, picks a different location that the Borg had weakened, and the shots are able to smash through.
Agreed.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park