2 Star Admiral

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - Title Announcement | Prime Video

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - Title Announcement | Prime Video

Post by Nutso »

You guys excited?
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power - Title Announcement | Prime Video

Post by Nutso »

I guess not.
Stan - South Park
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Watched the first two episodes: so far so good..
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

I agree with T'Pau. The first two episodes were good. I am not a hardcore Tolkienist however. I'm sure there are lore problems that would send them up a wall. But the first two episodes were good TV.
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

So far I've been loving this. I've admittedly never read the Silmarillion, but honestly even if I had, I'd still love it. I don't mind adaptations deviating from the source material.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:19 am So far I've been loving this. I've admittedly never read the Silmarillion, but honestly even if I had, I'd still love it. I don't mind adaptations deviating from the source material.
Amazon doesn't have the rights to the Silmarillon. https://www.cultureslate.com/news/why-a ... lmarillion
Amazon doesn’t actually have the rights to The Silmarillion. This means the series will be based on The Appendices at the end of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. Which, admittedly, does overlap in stories between the two books, but if it is mentioned in The Silmarillion and not in the Appendices, it is off-limits. And this has to do with the rights from the Tolkien Estate and from J.R.R. Tolkien himself.
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:57 pm
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:19 am So far I've been loving this. I've admittedly never read the Silmarillion, but honestly even if I had, I'd still love it. I don't mind adaptations deviating from the source material.
Amazon doesn't have the rights to the Silmarillon. https://www.cultureslate.com/news/why-a ... lmarillion
Amazon doesn’t actually have the rights to The Silmarillion. This means the series will be based on The Appendices at the end of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. Which, admittedly, does overlap in stories between the two books, but if it is mentioned in The Silmarillion and not in the Appendices, it is off-limits. And this has to do with the rights from the Tolkien Estate and from J.R.R. Tolkien himself.
Oh, right. I forgot to mention I knew that. My bad, there. Still, enjoying it.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:18 pm
Nutso wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:57 pm
Oh, right. I forgot to mention I knew that. My bad, there. Still, enjoying it.
Me too. I had low expectations after that trailer. Looks so big and grand that i doubted they could focus on characters.

The show is good and all people are complain about is the plain looks of the Elves. Saw on reddit a comparison of the Rings of Powers' Elves to Lee Pace's Thrandui! If Lee Pace is the standard, won't 99.99% of actors, let alone the male and female population of Earth fall short?
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Image :laughroll:
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Have to admit, I haven't enjoyed the last two episodes. I think they should have concentrated on 2 stories per episode because here's no time to invest in particular characters. Isildur's story is going good though.
Stan - South Park
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Wow, this series is quite good...episode that aired today...best one yet...you can really see the tremendous amount of cashola put into this season...hope they keep it up for the rest of the run!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Now that was a fire episode! No "theorists" I watched on YouTube saw that ending coming. It's on!
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Out of curiosity, anyone notice the dialogue being bad or something. I personally don't see it but seems like alot have complained about it.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:55 am Out of curiosity, anyone notice the dialogue being bad or something. I personally don't see it but seems like alot have complained about it.
When Galadriel and Miriel were having their verbal jousts, there was a time or two that it felt like one was responding to something the other didn't say but, there's nothing outrageous. Complaints about dialog I have seen is that they don't sound like Tolkien speech, and that's not enough for me to complain about.
Stan - South Park