SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME - Official Teaser Trailer (Spoilers)

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME - Official Teaser Trailer (Spoilers)

Post by Nutso »

It shows someone at the end, that's why I put spoiler on it. And that grenade.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME - Official Teaser Trailer (Spoilers)

Post by McAvoy »

I guess the rumors of seeing certain other Spider Men were false. That's disappointing.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:19 am I guess the rumors of seeing certain other Spider Men were false. That's disappointing.
Hey now. We saw that grenade with green inside of it. Green Goblin laugh as well. Who is to say that Doc Ock isn't speaking to Tobey Maguire Spider-man? Spider-man had different suits in there as well. Who's to say one of them isn't the other Spider-men? I saw the Black suit, the blue suit with silver spider, Iron Spider comes out of nowhere. Don't get your hopes up though. Hope. It's a terrible thing.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nutso wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:02 am
McAvoy wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:19 am I guess the rumors of seeing certain other Spider Men were false. That's disappointing.
Hey now. We saw that grenade with green inside of it. Green Goblin laugh as well. Who is to say that Doc Ock isn't speaking to Tobey Maguire Spider-man? Spider-man had different suits in there as well. Who's to say one of them isn't the other Spider-men? I saw the Black suit, the blue suit with silver spider, Iron Spider comes out of nowhere. Don't get your hopes up though. Hope. It's a terrible thing.
Actually I saw an analysis today on the trailer. We got Electro, Doc Oc, Green Goblin, Sandman and a fifth one I can't think of right now.

Oh and Doc Oc's greeting in the trailer lends itself to heavily suggest he is talking to the Toby Spider Man. Why would he greet Holland's Spider Man like that?

There is the concern though, that MCU Spider Man will be the only one and this is all a retcon.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:09 am
Actually I saw an analysis today on the trailer. We got Electro, Doc Oc, Green Goblin, Sandman and a fifth one I can't think of right now.

Oh and Doc Oc's greeting in the trailer lends itself to heavily suggest he is talking to the Toby Spider Man. Why would he greet Holland's Spider Man like that?

There is the concern though, that MCU Spider Man will be the only one and this is all a retcon.
I saw one that said, this might be the end of Spider-Man in the MCU.
Saw another one that suggested this might be "Spider-Man: One More Day."

The fifth villain is probably the Lizard, as played by Rhys Ifans in the first Spider-Man reboot. That character was butchered. The Lizard was a villain but he also had family he cared for. His real cause is to cure himself so he can return to them.
Since there are five villains, this leaves open the possibility of a sixth villain as in Spider-Man's arch enemies forming a "Sinister Six." Here's the kicker: we're all thinking #6 might be the Vulture because who don't want to see Michael Keaton again? However, what if the 6th member is Mysterio?! How about that?! How could Peter Parker have killed him if he's still alive?!
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nutso wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:16 pm

The fifth villain is probably the Lizard, as played by Rhys Ifans in the first Spider-Man reboot. That character was butchered. The Lizard was a villain but he also had family he cared for. His real cause is to cure himself so he can return to them.
Since there are five villains, this leaves open the possibility of a sixth villain as in Spider-Man's arch enemies forming a "Sinister Six." Here's the kicker: we're all thinking #6 might be the Vulture because who don't want to see Michael Keaton again? However, what if the 6th member is Mysterio?! How about that?! How could Peter Parker have killed him if he's still alive?!
I heard rumors about the Vulture appearing somewhere but I am not sure what movie. I don't think it was a Spider Man movie. I might be wrong. But one fan theory is that Bruce Campbell's character in the original trilogy is actually Mysterio. There is some speculation that James Franco might be in the movie too, some think the last line in the trailer sounds like him.

One fan theory is that there might be two Doctor Stranges in the movie. Some evil Strange I guess. I guess that wink sold some fans on that.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:33 am
Nutso wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:16 pm

I heard rumors about the Vulture appearing somewhere but I am not sure what movie. I don't think it was a Spider Man movie. I might be wrong. But one fan theory is that Bruce Campbell's character in the original trilogy is actually Mysterio. There is some speculation that James Franco might be in the movie too, some think the last line in the trailer sounds like him.

One fan theory is that there might be two Doctor Stranges in the movie. Some evil Strange I guess. I guess that wink sold some fans on that.
And Finally, the Youtubers' theory will come true! Strange is Mephisto!

As for James Franco, I think he is done in Hollywood, for the foreseeable future. No way would Disney allow him on their payroll. https://nypost.com/2021/05/10/why-no-on ... eth-rogen/

The reason I didn't put down Vulture is because Michael Keaton has been reprising his role as Batman for Warner Bros. I figured the shooting schedules involved would be too tight.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Good trailer. Also, they explain the plot.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

This TV spot doesn't reveal the plot but we see more of Electro and goddamn does he look cool in this movie.
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Avengers: Endgame is the most ambitious movie crossover ever!

Spider-Man No Way home: Hold my beer. :D
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:31 pm Avengers: Endgame is the most ambitious movie crossover ever!

There's a Brazilian trailer that kind of accidentally spoiled the Spider-Man versus the 3 villains scene in the trailer.
The Lizard is bonked by an invisible force, likely another Spider-Man digitally erased.
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Nutso wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:59 am
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:31 pm Avengers: Endgame is the most ambitious movie crossover ever!

There's a Brazilian trailer that kind of accidentally spoiled the Spider-Man versus the 3 villains scene in the trailer.
The Lizard is bonked by an invisible force, likely another Spider-Man digitally erased.
Yeah, I've heard about that. I have little doubt Maguire and/or Garfield are showing up here.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I'll pass on the iMax, but I think I might see this one in theaters.