Pope reappears after surgery, backs free universal health care

In the real world
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Pope reappears after surgery, backs free universal health care

Post by Nutso »

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/po ... 021-07-11/
In the mostly improvised part of his talk, Francis said good healthcare should be accessible to all and free.

"In these days that I have been in hospital, I saw once more how important it is to have a good healthcare system that is accessible to all, as it exists in Italy and in other countries," he said.

"A health service that is free and guarantees good service accessible to all ... This precious good should not be lost. It must be maintained and everyone should be committed to this. Because everyone needs it ...," he said.

Healthcare is a major political issue in the United States, one of the few industrialised countries that does not have universal cover for its citizens.

According to the World Health Organization, universal health coverage means that all have access to health services they need without financial hardship.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Pope reappears after surgery, backs free universal health care

Post by Teaos »

I feel this is likely the best pope, possible ever and maybe we will ever have.

But after the dead children being found across Canada, it is yet another nail in the coffin of this corrupt organisation.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.