Sweet Tooth

Everything else
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Sweet Tooth

Post by T'Pau »

A new fantasy series on Netflix produced by Robert Downey Jr's production company (8 episodes). Based on comic book series by Jeff Lemire.

After a pandemic wipes out a majority of the human population, hybrid animal-human children are being hunted down as the likely cause of the 'sick'.

I'm 4 episodes in and finding plenty of dystopian tropes woven throughout the various storylines. Beautifully filmed in New Zealand, and while being geared towards young adults, still quite enjoyable.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Sweet Tooth

Post by T'Pau »

Finished the final 4 episodes: enjoyed it and looking forward to more should it get another season!
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I have watched the first episode with my partner yesterday. Will likely watch the rest, it seems to be interesting for us both.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

This was a surprisingly good show. Really a sweet-nature show but, not too saccharine. I really have no complaints. Worth it, looking forward to the next season.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Season 2 dropped last Thurs: a bit darker storyline, but the same 'nature will win out' feel, along with some backstory that was important. A few new characters introduced. Hoping a season 3 will get greenlit soon!