"What's With Q and Guinan?"

The Next Generation
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

"What's With Q and Guinan?"

Post by Nutso »

This is a speculation and theory video discussing what might the history be between Guinan and Q? The origin of her strange senses about time and just why Q disliked her? All conjecture of course, as we don't have a clear answer to this mystery...
And I like it that way.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: "What's With Q and Guinan?"

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I hope it never gets revealed canonically what happened to cause animosity between them. I love Guinan, and more so when we found out that there is vastly more to her than is known. I'd lean towards her having some sort of deeper understanding / perception of the universe, and the ability to counter the Q's powers if used against her.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: "What's With Q and Guinan?"

Post by McAvoy »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:07 pm I hope it never gets revealed canonically what happened to cause animosity between them. I love Guinan, and more so when we found out that there is vastly more to her than is known. I'd lean towards her having some sort of deeper understanding / perception of the universe, and the ability to counter the Q's powers if used against her.
I'd rather her be a mystery myself. Though I think there was a book or two that explained that she did acquire powers and Q has always tried to get her to use them. Doesn't really explain why Q did seem to fear her though.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"