COVID-19 Jab

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

COVID-19 Jab

Post by IanKennedy »

I've just had my first COVID-19 Jab at the GP. I had the Oxford / AZ version. All well.
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: COVID-19 Jab

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

IanKennedy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:00 pm I've just had my first COVID-19 Jab at the GP. I had the Oxford / AZ version. All well.
Good to read. :) Please keep us updated on how you feel.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I had it on Saturday. Sunday I had a slight headache. Today my arm is slightly sore were the jab went in. Other than that all is fine.
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

IanKennedy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:57 pm I had it on Saturday. Sunday I had a slight headache. Today my arm is slightly sore were the jab went in. Other than that all is fine.
Good! Fingers crossed it stays that way.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

My Mom got the go ahead last week to get hers as well. She had a kidney transplant back February. (that was a huge deal and it wasn't because of the kidney). She was told to hold off until they could research if there would be any effects between the vacinne and the anti reaction drugs she takes.

My Dad who will turn 72 will also take one at the same time even though he is one of those who thinks the whole thing is political.

I can't take one until it opens up to the general public.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

All fine since.
email, ergo spam
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Got my first shot booked for next Saturday (13th), offered early as I am listed as vulnerable. So far, of the six people I personally know who have had it, only one has had an adverse reaction (my Dad, he's fine now). He had the AZ one, whereas all the others have had the Phizer (which I am due to be getting).

Glad all is well for you Ian.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:01 pm Got my first shot booked for next Saturday (13th), offered early as I am listed as vulnerable. So far, of the six people I personally know who have had it, only one has had an adverse reaction (my Dad, he's fine now). He had the AZ one, whereas all the others have had the Phizer (which I am due to be getting).

Glad all is well for you Ian.
I'm glad your dad's fine, now. :)
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:15 pm I'm glad your dad's fine, now. :)
Thank you :)
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

My fella got the first dose Pfizer vaccine today. So far so good.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Other than sleeping a ton after his vaccine, he has had no real reaction. Hoping the same is true after his second dose at the end of the month!
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Received my first shot today, the Astra-Zeneca vaccine. Second shot due within 10 weeks, they will contact me nearer the time. I received another message today to tell me I am eligible for the first shot due to underlying health condition, I guess they don't all keep in touch with each other, but at least I've had the first shot. Bit of a sore head and arm, just gonna get on with my project and see how things go.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

I was in bed for 38 hours between midnight Sat/Sun and 14:00 today because I had some really bad affects from the jab. Head and heart pounding, aching all over my body, dizziness. I am feeling well enough to actually get up and do some writing now, but still have a sore arm and mild headache. My Dad had a similar experience when he had the jab, most others I know of who have had the jab had much less affects. I will of course still be taking the second shot, because a day or two of that is better than catching Covid-19 in full.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

My guy got his second vaccine and felt quite awful for a couple days. Doing better now.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Looks like I am getting it late July. Considering we have been covid free pretty much for ten months I don’t mind waiting.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.