Trump says he and first lady have tested positive for the coronavirus

In the real world
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Trump says he and first lady have tested positive for the coronavirus

Post by Nutso »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... pdates-us/
President Trump announced in a tweet early Friday morning that he and his wife Melania have both tested positive for the novel coronavirus. “We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately," he wrote. "We will get through this TOGETHER!” The news came just hours after it was reported that Hope Hicks, a close adviser to Trump who traveled with him aboard Air Force One several times this week, had tested positive.

The president’s physician, Sean P. Conley, wrote later that Trump and his wife “are both well at this time, and they plan to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence.”
Is this real, or just some scam to sell chloroquine? I can't tell with this guy anymore. Get well soon.

His twit https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 0680014849

I must admit, I have become addicted to Twitter but, this will be a good time to break that addiction. I don't think I can stand 3 weeks of this:
But I have always been weak and soft-hearted. Don't know why I'm telling you guys guys this... Anyway, COVID-19. It is what it is.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trump says he and first lady have tested positive for the coronavirus

Post by IanKennedy »

Perhaps he can use bleach internally. I don’t know just saying. We’ll have to get someone to look into that. Maybe UV light.

Seriously, don’t try this.
email, ergo spam
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Actually, I'm surprised he's so forthcoming about it. I thought for sure that if he was ever tested positively positive, he would try to keep it secret for fear of appearing weak to his fan club.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I'm sorry but FLOTUS just sounds like latin for something you find in the toilet when the prior occupant forgets to flush.
email, ergo spam
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

soooo he's calling his missus a piece of shit that just. wont. FLUSH.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Republican National Convention chair Ronna McDaniel tested positive for coronavirus
Republican National Committee chair Ronna McDaniel tested positive for the coronavirus on Wednesday and has been isolated at home in Michigan since last Saturday after a family member's positive test, the RNC said in a statement.

Why it matters: President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump tested positive on Thursday shortly after Hope Hicks, one of the president's closest White House aides, tested positive. McDaniel was last with Trump a week ago, per the New York Times' Maggie Haberman.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Senator Mike Lee (R) Test Positive for COVID-19 as per his Twitter

Also:
Stan - South Park
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Could it all be a ploy to gain sympathy and avoid further debates with more stringent rules that wouldn't allow his constant talking over everyone?

Doubtful, I agree, but a part of me that knows 99% of everything from his mouth is a lie, still wonders...

Should he be unable to fulfill the duties of his office, the vice poodle would step in..and if he is also unable to fulfill the duties, it falls to Nancy Pelosi! Talk about a head spinner for the Republicans!!!

Only a little over 30 days to go, assuming they've put the old ejector seat from James Bond's Astin Martin in place in the Oval Office and a skylight above for easy exit velocity!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:12 pm soooo he's calling his missus a piece of shit that just. wont. FLUSH.
Considering some of the shit she's done, an apt name.
T'Pau wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:14 pm Could it all be a ploy to gain sympathy and avoid further debates with more stringent rules that wouldn't allow his constant talking over everyone?

Doubtful, I agree, but a part of me that knows 99% of everything from his mouth is a lie, still wonders...

Should he be unable to fulfill the duties of his office, the vice poodle would step in..and if he is also unable to fulfill the duties, it falls to Nancy Pelosi! Talk about a head spinner for the Republicans!!!

Only a little over 30 days to go, assuming they've put the old ejector seat from James Bond's Astin Martin in place in the Oval Office and a skylight above for easy exit velocity!
It's not a hoax. he and Melania have it.

And I'll be a spiteful bastard. I hate them both and hope at least they suffer what so many have suffered through their indifference/active malice.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:56 pm
AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:12 pm soooo he's calling his missus a piece of shit that just. wont. FLUSH.
Considering some of the shit she's done, an apt name.
T'Pau wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:14 pm Could it all be a ploy to gain sympathy and avoid further debates with more stringent rules that wouldn't allow his constant talking over everyone?

It's not a hoax. he and Melania have it.

And I'll be a spiteful bastard. I hate them both and hope at least they suffer what so many have suffered through their indifference/active malice.
You'd like Michelle Forbes. I think she would like you.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbre ... 93314cff88
The White House does not appear to be making any changes to current virus protocol, even after President Donald Trump and the first lady tested positive for COVID-19.

A senior White House official said Friday that masks will still not be mandatory at the White House, describing facial coverings as “a personal choice,” despite overwhelming evidence that they help to stop the spread.

And the White House is not planning to move to a different, more reliable testing system after the one it uses failed to detect that adviser Hope Hicks had the virus the day she began experiencing symptoms.

The president, his White House and his campaign have generally taken a lax approach to the pandemic, continuing to hold large events and failing to abide by social distancing recommendations.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss internal White House thinking, defended the current system.

— AP writer Jill Colvin

Trending: ‘schadenfreude’ Lookups spiked 30,500% on October 2, 2020
Why are people looking up schadenfreude?

Schadenfreude was our top lookup on October 2nd, by a very considerable margin, following President Trump’s announcement that he and the First Lady had tested positive for COVID-19.
He's been taken to Walter Reed. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tment.html
Donald Trump is being taken to Walter Reed hospital for COVID-19 treatment after White House doctor revealed he has a fever and is on a cocktail of Regeneron experimental antibody treatment - while Melania has a cough and headache

President Donald Trump is being taken to hospital for COVID-19 treatment 'out of an abundance of caution', the White House revealed Friday evening
Trump and Melania announced they tested positive in the early hours of Friday morning and were self-isolating in the White House
The First Lady on Friday tweeted that she had mild symptoms but was 'feeling good'
The President has not tweeted since Friday at around 1am when he announced his diagnosis
He was due on a 12.15pm conference call with governors but was replaced by Vice President Mike Pence
Trump was 'lethargic' on his way back from a fundraiser in New Jersey on Thursday night, sources say
He also fell asleep on Air Force One on Wednesday evening which is highly unusual for him
Trump's campaign have now canceled the remainder of their events
The Cleveland Clinic - where Tuesday's debate was held - say they have traced 11 cases to the event
On Thursday morning, Trump was told that Hope Hicks had tested positive with the virus, reports claim
He still traveled to Bedminster, NJ, for a fundraising event in his golf club where he came into contact with 100 people and raised $5million
Ivanka, Barron and Jared Kushner have all tested negative, as has Vice President Mike Pence
Joe Biden, Trump's 77-year-old election opponent who he debated on Tuesday, has tested negative
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Trump campaign manager tests positive for Covid-19
Donald Trump’s campaign manager has tested positive for Covid-19, dealing another blow to his reelection effort on a day that saw the president and the head of the Republican National Committee report contracting the disease as well.

Bill Stepien received his diagnosis Friday evening and was experiencing what one senior campaign official described as “mild flu-like symptoms.” People familiar with the situation said the 42-year-old Stepien plans to quarantine until he recovers.

Deputy Campaign Manager Justin Clark is expected to oversee the Trump team’s Arlington, Va. headquarters while Stepien works remotely, though advisers stressed that he would maintain control of the campaign.
Stan - South Park
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

One by one, down they go...should have followed protocols!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

T'Pau wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:42 am One by one, down they go...should have followed protocols!
11 positive coronavirus tests traced to presidential debate
At least 11 positive coronavirus tests can be traced to members of the media or organizers of this week's presidential debate in Cleveland, city and clinic officials said Friday.

The city's announcement came after President Donald Trump, who debated Democratic rival Joe Biden on Tuesday in Cleveland, revealed he and his wife have both tested positive for Covid-19 and are in isolation. Trump was transported to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on Friday.

"The City of Cleveland is aware of positive cases of Covid-19 following the Sept. 29 presidential debate," according to a City Hall statement. "We advise anyone who has come in contact with someone who has tested positive to selfquarantine. If anyone who was in attendance has concerns or is symptomatic, they should contact their healthcare provider."
Also, Chris Wallace: Trump arrived too late to be tested in Ohio before debate, relied on 'honor system'
Fox News anchor Chris Wallace said President Trump did not arrive in Cleveland ahead of the first presidential debate in time to get tested in Ohio before the event took place.

Wallace, who served as the moderator for the event, said the president "didn't arrive until Tuesday afternoon" in Cleveland to face off against Democratic nominee Joe Biden. The time of the debate was Tuesday at 9 p.m.

The timing of the arrival did not allow enough time for the president to be tested for the virus there and receive a result, according to the anchor.

"The difference was I arrived on Sunday, you arrived on Monday,” Wallace told fellow Fox News colleague Bill Hemmer.

“[The Trump family] didn’t arrive until Tuesday afternoon. So for them to get tested, there wouldn’t have been enough time to have the test and have the debate at 9:00 that night. They didn’t show up until 3:00, 4:00, 5:00 in the afternoon. There was an honor system when it came to the people that came into the hall from the two campaigns.”
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Chris Christie, Former Governor of New Jersey, test positive for COVID-19
It's a twitter link, so in case you don't want to click it, here's a list form1 hour ago of the positive tests connected to the Trump White House
UPDATE: Here are individuals linked to WH who have tested positive for COVID-19
Chris Christie (*new)
President Trump
Melania Trump
Hope Hicks
Kellyanne Conway
Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT)
Sen. Thom Tillis (R-NC)
Bill Stepien
Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI)
Ronna McDaniel
Rev. John Jenkins
I think there were also 11 unnamed staffers for this event who tested positive.

I don't think anyone here has been in contact with anyone remotely connected to this event, or these particular people, but just in case.
Stan - South Park