"Did STAR WARS The Rise Of Skywalker Steal From Avengers Endgame?"

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

"Did STAR WARS The Rise Of Skywalker Steal From Avengers Endgame?"

Post by Nutso »

He says 'yes' by the way. I don't know. It's just coincidences.
Avengers Endgame and Star Wars the Rise Of Skywalker were probably the most anticipated movies of 2019. To varying degrees of success they culminated in the end of a massive saga that spanned multiple movies.

But I have to say that, whenever I watch the Rise Of Skywalker, I can't help but think that they ripped off several moments in Endgame and throughout this video we're gonna be examining certain scenes side by side and discussing the similarities to draw a conclusion over whether this is the case or not.

Now obviously there will be heavy spoilers here so if for some reason you haven't watched some of the biggest movies of all time then I recommend that you turn off now. Make sure you subscribe and the force will be with you always and please drop a thumbs up if you love the channel 3000.

With that out the way as always this is the heavy spoilers show, I'm your host Paul, now let's get into our breakdown!

Ok so Avengers Endgame currently holds the spot as the highest grossing movie of all time. Though I think that the public perception of it has waned slightly since it's release, no one can deny that it at least stuck the landing and pulled off the impossible task of wrapping up a 20 film plus franchise with a sensational send-off.

I absolutely love the film and still get goosebumps during it's key scenes and I feel like it's the perfect closing of the book on some incredible characters.

Juxtaposing this, I left Rise Of Skywalker completely disappointed and to me the film feels like it fumbles the characters, has several logic leaps and just seems so disjointed that it's up there with my least favourite movies in the saga.

But what went wrong?

Well the movie was darth plaguesed with issues and after Disney fired Colin Treverrow they returned to JJ Abrahams in the hopes of saving one of their tentpole franchises.

Palpatine wasn't even supposed to be in the film originally and we know from recent interviews with Daisy Ridley that she didn't know about being related to the character up until the last minute.

The majority of the final act was reshot and I believe that after the success of Endgame, the creative team decided to copy their comic book cousins in order to emulate their triumph.

Now though I'll never be able to prove this let's start at the top and go through things.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: "Did STAR WARS The Rise Of Skywalker Steal From Avengers Endgame?"

Post by McAvoy »

Not really. It's kind of a trope to say 'I am all the (insert something)'.

It's also common to say 'I am (insert something)'.

This is just a really big reach honestly. Probably just created to get views and therefore money.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"