Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Back Trek- Behind The Scenes- The Measure Of A Man

Post by McAvoy »

Really liking the Back Trek this guy puts out. I didn't even know about there is an extended version of the episode. Though I really don't want to buy the Blu Ray when I haven't used mine in five years or more.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:19 am Really liking the Back Trek this guy puts out. I didn't even know about there is an extended version of the episode. Though I really don't want to buy the Blu Ray when I haven't used mine in five years or more.
YouTubers like him reassure me that Star Trek isn't dead. I got no evidence for that belief, I have just never been a positive person.

It's amazing how much I didn't know about Star Trek episodes.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nutso wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:01 am
McAvoy wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:19 am Really liking the Back Trek this guy puts out. I didn't even know about there is an extended version of the episode. Though I really don't want to buy the Blu Ray when I haven't used mine in five years or more.
YouTubers like him reassure me that Star Trek isn't dead. I got no evidence for that belief, I have just never been a positive person.

Trek certainly isn't dead. You can argue it is the original Fandom. It even created modern things like conventions for Fandom and even the term for Mary Sue. Actually I think they are the ones that may have created fanfiction too.

There really is a untapped Fandom waiting for Trek if CBS can figure themselves out.

I heard that when it was on Netflix Trek series did pretty well as far as how many times episodes or series was watched.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:51 am

Trek certainly isn't dead. You can argue it is the original Fandom. It even created modern things like conventions for Fandom and even the term for Mary Sue. Actually I think they are the ones that may have created fanfiction too.

There really is a untapped Fandom waiting for Trek if CBS can figure themselves out.

I heard that when it was on Netflix Trek series did pretty well as far as how many times episodes or series was watched.
The untapped fandom, unfortunately, has to have the desire, as well as the capability to pay for CBS All Access, in addition to superior content providing streaming services like NetFLix, Disney+, Hulu, whatever HBO's service is calling itself.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nutso wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:06 am
McAvoy wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:51 am

The untapped fandom, unfortunately, has to have the desire, as well as the capability to pay for CBS All Access, in addition to superior content providing streaming services like NetFLix, Disney+, Hulu, whatever HBO's service is calling itself.
I have been saying this for awhile, but streaming services are still relatively new that people who already pay cable who get a thousand channels don't want to pay for it unless it's something specific. So far it's sports that get that.

Maybe we can customize our channels in the near future. Where we get the Netflix Channel on Channel 02. Hulu on Channel 03. Amazon on Channel 04. Fox on Channel 05. And so forth. Where each channel is where we can view any channel we subscribed to regardless of the time of the day.