Discovery Season Three

Discovery
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Discovery Season Three

Post by T'Pau »

STD S03 will drop October 15th on CBSAllAccess

I really wonder how they will handle having no further connection to any previous holdfasts in Trek, to help them?
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Discovery Season Three

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

It's about time. Netflix haven't announced a date yet, but will likely be a day to a week behind.

I have no interest in seeing the Lower Decks, so I will have to wait until October for Discovery. I shall let my friend no, thank you, as he has been waiting to hear and I have been updating him on any Trek news I find.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I'm ready.

And would be happy with a plot that is "Like Andromeda, but good."
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Edit: Here's the international trailer for non-U.S. viewers, StarTrek.com, which I could not get to work for me.

And here is a twitter link for those who cannot see the above. Twitter, which did work for me.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Nutso wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:33 pm Edit: Here's the international trailer for non-U.S. viewers, StarTrek.com, which I could not get to work for me.
Thank you, been waiting for this for ages but kept getting blocked. Can't wait for it (I know I'm probably in the minority here).
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:54 pm
Nutso wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:33 pm Edit: Here's the international trailer for non-U.S. viewers, StarTrek.com, which I could not get to work for me.
Thank you, been waiting for this for ages but kept getting blocked. Can't wait for it (I know I'm probably in the minority here).
Despite saying how much I disliked Season 2, I am awaiting Season 3 because they're going in a whole new frontier now.
Stan - South Park
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Just watched the premiere episode of season 3 : first impression is positive based on setting up the story arc for the 13 episode season. Plenty of drama and bits of humor, with an overall feeling of rebuilding a universe that is new with plenty of touches from the past.

Love it or hate it or simply tolerate it...this is the Star Trek we have moving forward. With no foreseeable theatrical releases on the radar anytime soon, this is it. Sure, can watch reruns of tv episodes and view blu rays over and over. Not a bad option. Now that CBS is airing the first season on broadcast tv, even the land of reruns is mixing old and new. Go figure!
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I saw it too. Pretty much a mixed bag.
  • Liked the guy in the station, keeping up the star fleet tradition.
  • Kinda liked the mobile transporter
  • Quite liked the giant hypno-slug, although it kinda smacks of Futurama
  • Disliked the mass killing as part of the chase.
  • Disliked that Michael was able to identify and use tech from 1000s years into the future. It's like a person from ancient Rome being able to operate a TV remote
email, ergo spam
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

IanKennedy wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:44 am I saw it too. Pretty much a mixed bag.
  • Disliked that Michael was able to identify and use tech from 1000s years into the future. It's like a person from ancient Rome being able to operate a TV remote
The same issue than Andromeda.
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

I liked episode 4. I love that they're focusing on other characters, anyone who loves Voyager might get a kick out of something in this episode, a lot of heart and emotion in the main story.
Stan - South Park
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

I am really enjoying it so far, looking forward to seeing what is to come. There's some bits I'm less certain about, but overall a massive improvement on Season 1.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Without 'canon', they seem to be doing better at telling their own stories, while still in the basic framework and flavor of Trek.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Happy to see/hear more of the original musical themes this season. Nice surprise!
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

So much technology advancement crammed into one episode...kinda wish they would have dropped a few new things each episode rather than a massive tech dump all at once. Some cool things for sure and others that make me scream 'physics says NO!'
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Nice moment to harken back to earlier times...well done!