Would you go on the adventure of a lifetime?

RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Would you go on the adventure of a lifetime?

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Assume, one day, that a blue police call box appeared in front of you and an odd man steps out, either alone or with some friends of his. After a day or so, you learn you he is and what he does.

The question is, if invited, would you go with the Doctor?

And not jut the Ninth and Tenth, either. What about the First? Second? Would you face off against Daleks, the Master, go to the end of time and back?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hell yeah, get me off this worthless ball of rock!
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Depends on which Doctor. The Sixth is an arrogant, argumentative git, and the Seventh would probably involve me in one of his Machiavellian schemes to destroy one of his enemies. Any of the others though, sure I'd go for it.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Tom Baker's doctor would be the best I reckon, if he showed up I'd be off in a heartbeat - assuming we didn't arrive back years after we'd left or some such stuff and I was declared dead, then I'd have to explain where I was, like that Darwin fella who "died" but turned up after all his debts were covered.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Life is over rated and I would not have to pay bills... I would go.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I'm not sure I would, myself. I like my life, you see. If he needed help when he arrived, sure. I'd go in with guns blazing. But to step inside the big blue box and be whisked off, possibly to never see my friends and family again?

No, thank you.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You could always ask him to drop you back if you want to return to your old life.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

You could, but where and when you'd end up would be in the lap of the Gods. Look at his record - Sarah Jane ended up in Glasgow, Tegan was abandoned at Heathrow, and Rose came home a year late.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

True, but as long as you make sure to check when and where you came back before he leaves, it shouldn't be too bad. :)
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I might be willing to go, if I had time to warn people I might be gone for a while
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I wouldn't go...my life is the way i want it to be right now.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Reliant121 wrote:I wouldn't go...my life is the way i want it to be right now.
When you look back at your life 20 years from now, don't you want to say you had the courage to get in the box?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Nope...I want to say that i had the maturity to stay true to my convictions.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Good one, Chakat, but Sam and Mikaela were still on Earth in their own time period. ;)
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Good one, Chakat, but Sam and Mikaela were still on Earth in their own time period. ;)
Maybe, but still, if I got the chance to go on a real adventure like that, I'd like to think I'd have the guts to do it