The parasite known as “Crystalline Entity”.

The Next Generation
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

The parasite known as “Crystalline Entity”.

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

The planet destroying snowflake, a.k.a. Crystalline entity was argued by Picard as being akin to the sperm whale of earth in its constant search for sustenance. I strongly disagree. All animals to some degree live in a balance with their environment. While they consume plants or other animals to survive, there is always limit to how much they take. In return, most animals contribute by waste excrement or other byproducts which help the surroundings they occupy. They certainly do not render the entire planet a dead/barren landscape, wiping out everything (even microscopic bacteria in the soils). I believe the doctor who spent her life study the Crystalline entity and Will Riker were correct in their conclusion. It should be destroyed as it doesn’t live in balance with any known life, it takes away all ability of a world to support any form of life for decades, possibly centuries (judging by data’s home planet of creation which they visited and found Lore-> it was still an ecological disaster over two decades after the C.E. visit. Simply stated, the entity is a parasite which is surviving by destroying massive amounts of life around it and providing nothing in return. It may have been sentient enough to respond to beck and calls from lore, it may have had canine levels of intelligence, coming to a call like a dog to a whistle. It’s destruction was an essential decision.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: The parasite known as “Crystalline Entity”.

Post by Nutso »

The only good Crystalline Entity, is a DEAD Crystalline Entity!
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: The parasite known as “Crystalline Entity”.

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I also love to point out that comparing sapient beings to fucking cuttlefish was just really dumb on Picard's part. And insulting.