Graham

Important stuff, please read before posting
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Graham

Post by IanKennedy »

It is with great sadness that I have to announce that Graham Kennedy, my brother and author of this site, has passed away at the age of 50.

Last Thursday he was admitted to the local hospital were tests showed that he had metastatic cancer. A secondary infection was affecting his breathing and causing very low blood pressure. The doctors say that the infection flared early this morning and he died peacefully and without pain at approximately 9:45am this morning. He had tested negative for Corona Virus.

His Dad, myself and my wife were able to visit him on Friday despite the lockdown. He will be greatly missed.
email, ergo spam
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Graham

Post by Varthikes »

Damn. 50 is way too early.

My deepest condolences.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

It is gutting to here this news. Graham and yourself have created a fantastic site, and Graham's "Coalition Universe" is simply brilliant. Way too early, and a great talent lost. My thoughts are with you and your family.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

I agree. It is saddening because without him we would not have this forum and the great DITL site. May his soul and spirit live long and prosper.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

I met Graham on a different forum around 2007. A mutual friend knew of his love of Star Trek, so my first words typed to him were "20 quatloos on the newcomer".

I immediately found him witty and quick to laugh. After a couple of years of knowing him, he not only reinvigorated my love of Star Trek, but introduced me to Iron Man (via a movie file he was sure I'd enjoy). This germinated a cross-pond movie-thon that lasted over 10 years. A form of Mystery Science Theatre 3000, watching the same films while talking on Skype.

Many many laughs were shared, along with some deep conversations about anything and everything.

I will miss my friend immensely and remember all the joy (and tech help) he brought to my life.

Condolences to the Kennedy family.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

I am sorry for your loss, Ian. Graham is a loss for all of us here. I will really miss that guy's fire when discussing Trek. Will miss his presence overall. My condolences to the Kennedy family. This is just so sudden, I am struggling with what to say. I never thanked him for his part in creating this place.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I am so sorry for your loss Ian. This is truly heart wrenching for all of us and he will be greatly missed.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Oh, damn. I am SO sorry, Ian. :( Graham was a great guy. My sincere condolences to you and your family.
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

There are just no words to truly describe now what we've lost. Ian, my condolences to you and your family.
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

There’s never really enough that can be said or expressed in moments and losses such as this. Saying how sorry we are at his passing seems like it’s a shallow statement too.

Yet, It’s a truth and one we all can agree on.

So very sorry for your loss.

If there’s a way to send flowers or donations to your family during this time, please let us know.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
Cyrus Ramsay
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Cyrus Ramsay »

I can only agree with the sentiments expressed by others. As a relatively passive user of this site, my contributions being limited to entering the Caption Competition and a few forum posts, I never had much contact with Graham, but I know that I will miss him and his work. Sadly, I never got around to congratulating him on the new layout and for introducing me to the term "hamburger menu."

I trust that nobody will take offence if I quote Dr. McCoy and say, "He's not really dead as long as we remember him."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Ian, you and your family have my heartfelt condolences.

RIP Graham

"Reader, if you seek his monument, look around you."
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

This is a gut punch, my sincerest condolences Ian, he will be missed.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Thank you all for you kind words. He will be truly missed. He wouldn't have wanted a fuss so we're having a simple service at the crematorium.
email, ergo spam
RedDwarfian
Petty officer second class
Petty officer second class

Post by RedDwarfian »

Way back in the aughts, I stumbled upon this website, and thoroughly enjoyed the details "filled in" by Graham, and the passion he put in to this site. Not only this, Graham's wonderful design of the website inspired me to create my own similar website using frames, and publish it on GeoCities.

It's probably thanks to him that I have a good job as a website developer today, giving me something to aspire to.

I also ended up getting my mother (Miss Marple) and father (Frankie Chestnuts) involved in this site's caption competition, and I like to think that they brought more joy to the visitors of this site.

To the entire Kennedy family, I give you a salute. https://imgur.com/TyIdvE5
What kind of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.

~Terry Pratchett, Going Postal