How bad ass is the borg tech!?

Star Trek : Picard
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

How bad ass is the borg tech!?

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

So I’m still burning through STD (that sounds soooo wrong! 🤢🤮) and out of curiosity, I watched a YouTube clip of Picard with Seven of Nine and a borg cube. All I can say is “sweet! That is what I expect from cybernetically enhanced life forms!” The way they (nanoprobes and nanotechnology) show them working and repairing systems. It won’t make the show possible to enjoy if there’s no story but I grew up with a fascination of computer gaming images. While I hate movies trying to make up for a shitty story by overloading cg graphics, short scenes like game trailers are and have been improving over the last 30+ years. So short scenes of advanced Nanotech, is beautiful.

**Watch at time index 1:30 to see what I’m referring to**
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: How bad ass is the borg tech!?

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

U mean computer generated images not computer gaming images :laughroll:
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:51 pm U mean computer generated images not computer gaming images :laughroll:
Lol, I mean games & images. It’s contradictory, I know. because I despise movies (like transformers) who overuse CGI.

Having grown up with a Vic20 and then a Commodore64. I remember playing Pac-Man on the Atari 2600 and those basic games back when I was in single age digits. It’s just over the years, computer generated imagery wither for games or movies has improved in leaps and bounds since the days I first became interested in it.
So I suppose it’s baffling to understand and explain.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Atari...now that was a fun gaming system of the time.
Pac-man, Space Invaders, Centipede!!!!!.
And some game (title escapes my Blursday brain) where you had to catch a clown on a teeter totter..ended up being called Kill the Clown, as when you missed, the figure would land head first with a 'splat'. *<:*)X
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."