The evils of Internet Technology and texting

00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

The evils of Internet Technology and texting

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

Small quote taken from an Online article.. how would we know it’s so bad for us if we didn’t use the electronic tools to access the Internet? Hmmm.
https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/healt ... tal-health

“Add to that the sleep deprivation that comes from hours of scrolling through social media feeds late at night, and the increasingly sedentary lifestyle of today’s youth, and it is understandable why this technology seems to be depriving teenagers of the happiness they deserve to have”.

That settles it!
I’m going to order a full set of encyclopedias and throw all my Internet stuff away. Sitting around for hours/day reading books NEVER caused health or sedentary lifestyle problems, by god, we should go back to the old ways of active book reading and awesome eyesight from constant reading in low-light conditions!

Really though. To use a funny slogan on a shirt I own; If guns make you kill people, then I guess pens misspell words, forks make you fat, and the Internet is to blame for our children’s (insert any childhood physical or mental issue phrase here)! People always point fingers at anything and anyone else when it comes to raising kids. Same story for the past 30-40 years now....

Am I the only one who finds it amusing that the website this is published on is a scholastic book Publishing business?
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”