Heavy Trucks

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Heavy Trucks

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Here's a brain teaser for you guys. This is based on a real-life situation from a few days ago.

Semi-truck is 6000 pounds overweight, yet nothing has been added to the cargo since it was last measured on the truck it come on. Where did the extra weight come from?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Snow? Ice? It's not difficult given that you've been grumbling about the weather you've been getting for the past week. :wink:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It has one hell of a fat driver. :wink:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Dust.....
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Seafort's right, because you've been talking about southern Wisconsin's awful snowfall. However, there is a simpler if sneakier answer in general, because I've seen plenty of my customers' ICC logs - cross a state line, and weight limits for particular roads can vary. You didn't say whether the truck was over local limits or over its own GVWR. Or GFAWR. Or GRAWR. Or GAWR. Or over the limits of its frame's resistance bending modulus. Or torsional rigidity.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Captain Seafort wrote:Snow? Ice? It's not difficult given that you've been grumbling about the weather you've been getting for the past week. :wink:
Yes it was snow. You couldn't let other people come up with rediculus guesses? I had Jabbers guessing things like snowmen and rockslides. That was fun. Anyway, the driver refused to drive away with that extra weight, not wanting to put other drivers at risk, so they had to get on the roof of the truck, with snowblowers, and snowblow the roof. I thought this was hilarious :lol: