Bajorian representative on DS9, what if?

Deep Space Nine
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Bajorian representative on DS9, what if?

Post by Nutso »

00111010 01000100 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:09 am
Nutso wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:34 am
AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:24 am ha, imagine if they did that for Voyager... What if Instead of Chakotay, we had... Eddington?
They kinda/sorta almost did that crossover with Tom Paris/Nicolas Locarno. But Eddington instead of Chakotay, considering how flaccid Voyager went with Maquis vs Federation potential drama, tension, and struggle, would have been a waste of a character with Eddington's background. Don't get me wrong though, I definitely would've stuck around a lot longer with Voyager to see if the show will ever address Eddington's past and can the Feds overcome his betrayal, can the Maquis forgive his surrender? He'd bring up Sisko and shit talk him in front of Feds, starting a fight in the mess hall. Maybe he would consider Janeway to be more evil than Sisko, who knows.
I STILL feel that was a waste of a great plot point! The actor playing Locarno/Paris. They could’ve used the same name and with the disgrace Locarno’s character accepted in TNG, would’ve added to the history of Paris character’s history and the deaths of the pilots, being kicked out of starfleet, ect. Why they used the same actor and a similar backstory (when the TNG plot history for him was already in place), but not the same name and different subplot... I’ll never understand?
I think the story was that the studio didn't want to pay royalties to the writers of "The First Duty" for every appearance of Locarno on Voyager, which is every episode. It would have been a thrill watching Locarno redeem himself slowly over seven seasons of Voyager. As an old member of the site once said, "Voyager is where potential went to die."
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

Wow. Not every saying or popular catch phrase jumps out at me but that Voyager end quote, is pretty deep & epic.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:27 pm haha yeah a little Southpark humor thrown into that (a certain character, instead of saying 'Okay' just hmms they say's k. So it sounds like a mispronounciation of "McKay" :p McKay> Mmkay > Okay, and a Rodney is... well, a huge rat. so Meredith (his actual given name) Rat (Rodney) Okay (McKay)
Off topic!
Have to say though (regarding Rodney’s Super-smart homemaker sister), if you came home and found your spouse had finger painted a room full of nonsense mathematical symbols.... would your next action be to;
A. contact your local looney bin to get a straight jacket in her size?
Or
B. let her publish her day-O-crazy scribblings to a university?
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”