A place to hang out and chat about whatever
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: A new random thread

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Your boss is a moron.
Thirded. :lol:

Also, glad to see that you've come around, Jon. You just can't be nice all the time in this society. I wish we could, but sometimes, you just have to say 'fuck off, you twit'.
Thanks, but... I may be the 'archetypical nice guy' here, but trust me, I'm not nice all the time, Tsuki. I felt... sad when I heard my ex-stepfather died. Sad I wasn't the one to kill the son of a bitch instead of him dying of the pack a day habit he had. :madashell:
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Royal_Foxx wrote:
He loves all those realty shows. Keeps telling me I "need to watch them."
Your boss is a moron.
He is! I know that, and as Deep once said he's a nasty perv. Good thing he's also scared of me.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Well, good to hear that bit at least.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

So apparently some employers are asking for facebook passwords now during interviews.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Sonic Glitch wrote:So apparently some employers are asking for facebook passwords now during interviews.
Just a mild invasion of privacy, there?!
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

That is bullshit. I had a conversation about this recently when a few people said I shouldn't curse (I barely do) and posts too many things about drinking (I barely do) because employers now look at Facebook pages. First off how is what I do in my personal life (ie drinking, posting some things that I thought funny, idiotic etc) have any bearing on what I do at work? Second of all, I can make my page private to prevent such a thing. So maybe that is the issue, people have their Facebook set to private and these employers want to see what is going on.

A simple solution is turning off your page temporarily until you are either hired or not.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

McAvoy wrote: So maybe that is the issue, people have their Facebook set to private and these employers want to see what is going on.
I think that is an issue. Apparently some places may make you friend an HR representative instead. Or they'll ask you to log on from an office computer during the interview.

For some reason I'm reminded of Cmdr. Adama, the content isn't entirely accurate but the sentiment is, "I'd rather spend the rest of my career--what's left of it--on a broken down old ship, than to have someone sit here and question my word."
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Why would what you post on Facebook having bearing on an interview? I cannot wrap my brain around that.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I guess they want to see if you are the type of person who will post things that may reflect poorly on the company
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

About two years ago they made us sign a form not to bash work on myspace, facebook, or twitter. As yet they haven't started monitoring our facebook pages that I KNOW of. Of course, they secretly record our phone calls without telling callers, so they are already violating federal FCC law :P
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Note to self: Don't watch the Muppets after the Muppet Movie again. :) :(
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I got freaked out by the muppets when they guest starred on WWE RAW. Wrestlers and Muppets....WOW.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Mark wrote:I got freaked out by the muppets when they guest starred on WWE RAW. Wrestlers and Muppets....WOW.
A bunch of middle-aged 'roid-heads in speedos and knee pads, and it took the presence of the Muppets to freak you out?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Was Kermit there? Dang, gotta go search Youtube!
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Mikey wrote:
Mark wrote:I got freaked out by the muppets when they guest starred on WWE RAW. Wrestlers and Muppets....WOW.
A bunch of middle-aged 'roid-heads in speedos and knee pads, and it took the presence of the Muppets to freak you out?

Yup, pretty much :) Especially since the muppets were the better actors :P