Turn is in CJ.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: B2 OOC

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Thank you everyone for getting your turns in. Things probably won't get started tonight. I've sent off replies to any PM's I had if my reply requires any major change please let me know asap and I'll try to get it done.

I am still waiting on one sheet so If I get it that would be wonderful; if not I'll just reuse the one I rolled over last turn.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tholian_Avenger
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tholian_Avenger »

I sent mine in yesterday.
6 Star Admiral of the Loyal Water Buffaloes and Honorable Turtles
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

You have mine, right? :)
“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.”
― Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

yup...I've notified the person I'm still waiting on.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Some people have found planets this turn so I want to post something here to make it clear what population descriptions mean when it comes to populations:

Simple Animals: This is the catch all for planets with animal life; possibly even sentient life; however they have not yet formed any kind of even basic civilization. Further investigation could determine if there is a species on the world advanced enough to use tools or other signs of the possibility of creating civilization in the future.

Pre-Industrial: This is the catch all for civilizations that have formed; however these could range from very basic first ever civilizations all the way up to Renaissance Era Europe.

Early Modern: This is the catch all term for civilizations that are a bit more advanced they have the power of Industry and could be as advanced having just gone through their own industrial revolution all the way up to earth just before WW2.

Post Atomic: This, likely, the most advanced you'll see on a new world discovery and is basically a world that has discovered the power of the atom. It could apply to a civilization as young as having just test fired their first Nuclear device to a planet well beyond real modern earth today.

For the most part further subdivision of the planets isn't done or recorded by me, so asking just how advanced the Pre-Industrial Society is probably won't get any kind of answer unless there is a big need that develops for that kind of classification.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Turns are done, working on the reports now. Some revisions and fixes were done on GDP calculations, endurance, army cost, and resources. Almost everyone is now free of GM manipulation on antimatter, so if your in the red, your actually in the red now.

I added a new option on Empire Control: Automation. This will control the advancement of and use of computers on your starships to perform tasks. You have the options of Total, Majority, Assisted, and Minimal.

Total is as it sounds a crewless craft completely automated.

Majority is what i would define TNG era Starfleet with computers able to handle most of the onboard tasks

Assisted levels will require crews for virtually every task; however they will be able to assist and facilitate the process

Minimal levels will require the max crew as the automation will be just enough to do what the crew can't.

As of right now these don't affect anything but crew-size, and endurance; however you can expect the choice here to carry over into upkeep costs, and construction costs in the next turn or two.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Turns are out.

The Next turns will be due on the 21 July @5:00 CDT. The next turn will only be 2-years. For the time being i think we'll try doing two year turns, if things slow down too much, then we'll pick it back up to five years.

Any comments, questions, concerns, you know where to find me. :)
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Lt. Staplic wrote:Turns are done, working on the reports now. Some revisions and fixes were done on GDP calculations, endurance, army cost, and resources. Almost everyone is now free of GM manipulation on antimatter, so if your in the red, your actually in the red now.

I added a new option on Empire Control: Automation. This will control the advancement of and use of computers on your starships to perform tasks. You have the options of Total, Majority, Assisted, and Minimal.

Majority is what i would define TNG era Starfleet with computers able to handle most of the onboard tasks

Assisted levels will require crews for virtually every task; however they will be able to assist and facilitate the process

Minimal levels will require the max crew as the automation will be just enough to do what the crew can't.

As of right now these don't affect anything but crew-size, and endurance; however you can expect the choice here to carry over into upkeep costs, and construction costs in the next turn or two.

An interesting idea ... is it possible to vary automation from ship design to ship design?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Cj, emailed you questions but in short you just fucked my sheet without a single reason. We need to get that fixed.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
Lt. Staplic wrote:Turns are done, working on the reports now. Some revisions and fixes were done on GDP calculations, endurance, army cost, and resources. Almost everyone is now free of GM manipulation on antimatter, so if your in the red, your actually in the red now.

An interesting idea ... is it possible to vary automation from ship design to ship design?
No, this would be an overall design philosophy. It is still possible to have things that are for instance under or over crewed for special reasons (like the dreadnaughts of A1.0) however these would be exceptions to the rule.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

CJ, check your PM box.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

My sheet is in, if you have any issues, or I wasn't clear about something, let me know.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Mine is in also.
“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.”
― Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Tholian_Avenger
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tholian_Avenger »

Mine is in, late but in.
6 Star Admiral of the Loyal Water Buffaloes and Honorable Turtles