The Savage Curtain
13%

Total votes: 15
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Most hated episode of all time.

Post by Captain Seafort »

Deepcrush wrote:Minus the ship sensors, minus that Kira and Worf never said "they have no ships", minus that it was a farming port in space so ships are a bit helpful, minus THEY HAD SHIPS. Do you have any reason to show that they didn't have ships?
I never said they didn't have ships - I said there was no evidence Sisko knew they were there. Try and at least respond to the words you quote.
Yes, a fleet of warships in a DMZ where the CU is already looking for an excuse attack Maquis colonies. Then search hundreds or thousands or tens of thousands of ships for bio-weapons small enough to be carried on a shuttle. I'm sure you could do this in less then an hour... :laughroll:

Because that wouldn't take weeks or months while the Maquis bomb a planet or two a day. Because that would be entirely bloodless like Sisko's actions. Because that would in a few months, rather then in an hour, get back the surplus of bio-weapons so long as the Maquis haven't used them all up.
Who said it had to be done in an hour? Yes, it will take weeks, months, or years, and it will cost lives. Maquis lives, not civilian lives. I'm surprised that you're so concerned for the welfare of a bunch of terrorists.
Couldn't have been "Then and there" as in instant because well... no one died. They had enough time to evacuate in a manner that Sisko reported on as being trouble free.
And Starfleet's answer to Chemical Ali would tell the truth about his actions because...
Same effect yes, immediately no.
It was as "immediate" as the Maquis attack on the Cardies - they were able to evacuate, but they had to move sharply to do so.
Yes, because in the 30 seconds it takes for the nuke to drop from the plane and then go BOOM... you could evacuate sixty million people without a single death!
You're the one who's been going on about Sisko giving the planet's inhabitants an hour. Evacuating Germany would have taken longer, but the time given would have had to have been proportional to the size of the population and the transport available.
Captain Seafort wrote:No, it isn't. The point of the matter is that Sisko launched a large-scale chemical attack on an inhabited planet with a mostly-civilian population. His actions were no different from Saddam Hussain's attack on Halabja.
So Saddam's attacks were bloodless and enforced a peace treaty which saved thousands or millions of lives to stop Halabja from using bio-weapons on Ireland?
He launched a chemical attack on civilians in response to terrorist attacks on his own troops. Exactly what Sisko did. Note that Sisko specifically referenced the attack on the Malinche as his excuse for the attack, not the attack on the Cardie world - that simply gave him the idea.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

As you're now just running in circles for no reason other then your pride. I'll accept that as your way to concede.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Harry, that was brilliant. :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

So has this thread been fully TR-116ed?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Not even close - there's only been one change of subject. To be properly TR-116'd the subject has to change at least three or four times.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed. I predict a discussion on the Borg may arise at some point in this thread's near future.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Indeed. I predict a discussion on the Borg may arise at some point in this thread's near future.
I'm tryin to figure out how this relates to cetacean cubspace communication.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hmm, do you think tinfoil headbands could block subspace communication between whales?
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Is that before or after they genetically engineered themselves to be unto Gods?

Good lord, and I never even read Blackstar's crap beyond a few instances. :bangwall:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Hmm, do you think tinfoil headbands could block subspace communication between whales?
Only if they don't really, but you convince the whales that they do. :lol:
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Bloody Chakats... :doh: :bangwall:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:Bloody Chakats... :doh: :bangwall:
Yes, that's probably the best condition for them. :twisted:
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Captain Seafort wrote:Bloody incinerated Chakats... :doh: :bangwall:
Sorry, but I think that is the best state for a ChakAt. ;)
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Ha, one of the other places I post is the IMDB boards. Not ten minutes ago I stumbled on a post by one "ChakatBlackstar".... :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Haha, tell him we say hi, and that we've been thinking about him... :happydevil:
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang