Which Universe Would You Like To See More Of?

Everything else
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Which Universe Would You Like To See More Of?

Post by stitch626 »

Incidently, you can see both the Serenity and Enterprise at separate points in the BSG Miniseries
Really? Cool.

And I second (actually like twentyeth) Firefly.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

stitch626 wrote:
Incidently, you can see both the Serenity and Enterprise at separate points in the BSG Miniseries
Really? Cool.

And I second (actually like twentyeth) Firefly.
Here's an interesting link to all the great sci-fi Cameos
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

After seeing some clips of it on yourube... 'War of the Worlds'. The TV series, first season at least was just... da-yum. And incredibly gory in places, too.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:After seeing some clips of it on yourube... 'War of the Worlds'. The TV series, first season at least was just... da-yum. And incredibly gory in places, too.
I loved that series. Fave gory episode was where the aliens were distilling human brains. Cue a giant funnel filled with enough brains to feed a family of zombies for a month.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

kostmayer wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:After seeing some clips of it on yourube... 'War of the Worlds'. The TV series, first season at least was just... da-yum. And incredibly gory in places, too.
I loved that series. Fave gory episode was where the aliens were distilling human brains. Cue a giant funnel filled with enough brains to feed a family of zombies for a month.
yeah, that show was fucking insane. And I liked how it was a sequel to the 1953 movie and the radio broadcast. 8)
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

The one with the Martians in gas masks? Yeah that was pretty badarse, wonder if it's on DVD.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Didn't they have some idea that everybody had developed a case of collective amnesia and basically forgotten the 1950s Martian invasion? That one kinda pegged my bullshit meter.

And isn't this the show where they massively rewrote the background with no explanation after the first season?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Didn't they have some idea that everybody had developed a case of collective amnesia and basically forgotten the 1950s Martian invasion? That one kinda pegged my bullshit meter.

And isn't this the show where they massively rewrote the background with no explanation after the first season?
I think so, I was only able to catch it intermittently. But I remember tuning in at a certain point and going "what happened, whos this guy?"

I never figured out how they resolved the 1950's issue.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Didn't they have some idea that everybody had developed a case of collective amnesia and basically forgotten the 1950s Martian invasion? That one kinda pegged my bullshit meter.

Yes on both accounts. Second series was very different to the first, they offed a couple of characters and introduced Adrian Paul. Don't remember much about it.

First series was great though. The cover up of the first invasion was a stupid plot device, but it didn't ruin the enjoyment of the show for me.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

IIRC the 1938 broadcast was a vanguard, covered up by mass hysteria and the actual radio broadcast. In the days before mass media... possible, methinks.

The 1953 invasion was covered up, not sure.

And yes, due to executive meddling, the second season became bullshit. Two of the characters were killed-the black guy and native american-and the setting was changed to some cyberpunk bullshit with civilization collapsing and the tagline 'almost tomorrow'. :madashell: :madashell: :bangwall: :bangwall:

EDIT:

And I believe the first season is on DVD. Not 100% sure.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

The original military guy was Dutch's buddy in Predator wasn't he, the fellow with the grenade launcher?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Cpl Kendall wrote:The original military guy was Dutch's buddy in Predator wasn't he, the fellow with the grenade launcher?
Chavez? Good question.

I remember this show being awesome, but I haven't seen any of it since, well, 1988-90. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

It aired on Showcase here, and I wasn't allowed to watch that channel. So I missed a lot but I did enjoy what I saw, might be rose coloured glasses.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Yup, thats the same guy.