Gamma mission sign in

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Gamma mission sign in

Post by Mark »

I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but in TNG Relics, Scotty and Picard had this conversation

Scotty "Your giving me one of your shuttles?"
Picard "Call it an extended loan."

As an outside opinion, I would say if a Starfleet Captain gave Blackstar a shuttle, fine. Still the PROPERTY of the Federation and Starfleet, but assigned to Blackstar.

BUT

A Federation Starship is not a ferry. And Neelix is the only character in Trek to even HAVE his own ship.

But ultimately, regarding the ship, it's up to the Captain.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Mark wrote:Still the PROPERTY of the Federation and Starfleet, but assigned to Blackstar.
Exactly what I proposed, but apparently not sufficient.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Mikey wrote:
Mark wrote:Still the PROPERTY of the Federation and Starfleet, but assigned to Blackstar.
Exactly what I proposed, but apparently not sufficient.
Is that what you proposed? Okay, apparently I misunderstood you or something
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

You know, kind of like in the Navy, where a fighter is assigned to a pilot, and it's his or her plane. But still the property of the military.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Mikey wrote:Sure, but we're not at war. Where would the 'Fox be based?

Honestly, I don't see what the drama is. The vast majority seems to feel that it shouldn't be a privately-owned vessel; however, I specifically said - and NOBODY has objected - that it would still be yours to pilot. It would be your position aboard the Daystrom, as it were, to run the 'Fox. The only thing private ownership would get you is the ability to take off with it, which would still cause you to get hunted down whether you owned the damn thing or not.
Mikey, prior to that post, wrote:I'm not trying to take it away from you - my intent was to have your position be "the" pilot of the 'Fox. I just don't think it being personal property makes any sense for our scenario.
I think I mentioned it earlier, too.
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mark wrote:You know, kind of like in the Navy, where a fighter is assigned to a pilot, and it's his or her plane. But still the property of the military.
Sure but when I try that on my mother suddenly I have an 'attitude' problem
oh...I guess Mark just said it in a way that made sense to me.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:
Mark wrote:You know, kind of like in the Navy, where a fighter is assigned to a pilot, and it's his or her plane. But still the property of the military.
Sure but when I try that on my mother suddenly I have an 'attitude' problem
oh...I guess Mark just said it in a way that made sense to me.
I have some experience here. My first three cars I totaled, and couldn't understand why my parents gotted ticked off since there were mine. I had it rather painfully explained to me that while I was the driver, since I didn't pay for any of them, they REALLY belonged to mom and dad still. So, smiling I handed my mom the keys to "her" car, the one I wrapped around a light pole.

She made it quite clear what she thought of that. Upside my head. With a cane. :jester:
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

I've tried adjusting the bio. Hopefully the majority will feel it is adequate.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Seems OK with me, if we know what a "provisional ensign" is. My assumption is that you have acheived an enlisted grade normally, and were breveted in some way to ensign to reflect your command capacity of the 'Fox?
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mikey wrote:Seems OK with me, if we know what a "provisional ensign" is. My assumption is that you have acheived an enlisted grade normally, and were breveted in some way to ensign to reflect your command capacity of the 'Fox?
Something like that, yes.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

...ok, I would have prefered if this thread had waited until I got back before happeneing.

The Shadow Fox:- I agree with everyone else that it remains SF property, not just because it makes the most sense but due to one of my only rules around here:- No supermanning, this is an all encompassing rule, your character can not have any special powers, items or physical abilities that you would not expect to see from the average SF crewmen.

Most people respect this rule and follow it. Not only beacuse its a rule but because they realise their characters don't need a bunch of special stuff to be special. Its your writting and character acrs that make a character not giving them a bunch of super toys ect.

Character Bios:- I only speed read most of this thread so far but most of them seem fine.

Reliant: Your fine with having the Romulan commander so long as you keep Darel as your main.

Monroe: Interesting secondry character, exactly what I like to see, and unsual an flawed character who is not superman.

Mark: Your bio is fine, your welcome your any of the open positions so you can take the tac position you wanted.

Blackstar: I'm fine with you being promoted to Commander and being a senior officer but as I said I don't want anyone else to have a command. So you can pretty much keep he same bio but hold it when she reaches Commander and have her be one of the senior officers of the Intrepid ship.

Everyone else: You guys who havent already could you do the updates of your existing bios to bridge the 10 years between now and then and do any secondary characters.

I think thats everythingbut chances are I missed something since I had to speed read a dozen or so pages.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Teaos wrote:...your character can not have any special powers, items or physical abilities that you would not expect to see from the average SF crewmen...
Does Lorcan's new Geordi-type artificial eye count? I'd hate to just give him an eye patch.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

They're fine since they are a standard replacement. Now if you give him the ability to see through walls and a bunch of other super eye powers that would be going to far.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Teaos wrote:They're fine since they are a standard replacement. Now if you give him the ability to see through walls and a bunch of other super eye powers that would be going to far.
:lol:

Damn. That was my whole sub-plot. Screw you, Teaos!

:D
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Aye Darel was meant to be my main.

Finally made a resolution to this. Took bloody long enough.