Thank God it ended when it did...

Enterprise
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

My point is it is to early for humans to have created it themselves.

And after what the Enterprise did to help the Vulcans I would say a transporter is the least they could give.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I do agree that it was too early to have working transporters.
However, I'm not sure if the Vulcans would share such an important technology.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Well they would need to get it some how. Given or brough or stolen.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Well they still had several decades to develope it until TOS.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I dont think they should have it at all. But if the writers wanted it so bad they needed to come up with a btter way of working it into the plot.

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Ah, that's what you're saying. Now I understand, and I agree with you wholeheartedly.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:I dont think they should have it at all. But if the writers wanted it so bad they needed to come up with a btter way of working it into the plot.
In fact B&B didn't want to have a transporter at all and were forced to by the network (UPN I believe), that does not excuse the shitastic writing mind you.

Edit: They should have ripped one out of the Klingon Raptor they found in the gas giant and worked it in that way.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

damn good idea!
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

In fact B&B didn't want to have a transporter at all and were forced to by the network (UPN I believe), that does not excuse the shitastic writing mind you.
I hate to say it but I've be reading quite a bit about B&B lattly, mainly Berman. I gotta say from what I've read he isnt as evil as I though. Most of the truely horrible stuff was not stuff he really liked but had to do.

Sure he made mistakes but mainly it was the studios fault.

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Wow, I don't know what to say.

I hate networks :evil:
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:
I hate to say it but I've be reading quite a bit about B&B lattly, mainly Berman. I gotta say from what I've read he isnt as evil as I though. Most of the truely horrible stuff was not stuff he really liked but had to do.

Sure he made mistakes but mainly it was the studios fault.
There's more than enough blame to go around, you can even blame Moore for turning the Klingons into retards if you want. B&B get the lions share of the blame for allowing crappy scripts to make it into production.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Out of all the writters and Producers Moore is my favourite. Hell he left Voyager after 2 episodes because he said they didnt respect canon enough.

Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:Out of all the writters and Producers Moore is my favourite. Hell he left Voyager after 2 episodes because he said they didnt respect canon enough.
Can't fault him for that, two episodes in and he saw the writing on the wall.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Teaos wrote:I doubt even Striker could defend that.
Meh... probably not, no.

Oh, they weren't phasers. Phase-pistols and a hell of a lot more primitive/less powerful than even the lasers from The Cage. No wide-beam, disintegrate. Only two settings, there.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Duskofdead wrote:...Sorry, I guess I have a very cynical attitude about Enterprise.
Seriously, I don't think any of us are happy about how it turned out.
I didn't like the end... but I liked how it got there. Weird, eh?