Dark Heresy: Illumination

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination

Post by Mikey »

1216, Day Three

"My mistake, valiant Sister. You appear to be very brave facing a man who is turning his back to you and hasn't readied his weapons. Please, allow me to amend what I said." Trask cleared his throat and continued, "You haven't one shred of cowardice in your noble being... save when faced with something that could hurt you." Milo reached up and pushed the barrel of the bolter away from his face. "Now, as the astute adept has observed, we have no time for this. Go where you will." He then completed his turn and walked off to where Nurk was opening the path to the cellar.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

1216, day 3

Haxta looked up from reloading her launcher and nodded. "I'm ready," she said simply. Glancing over at the Ogryn clearing the rubble, she called out, "Just leave it, better not give it another way out, not that's it's likely to come back. If it meant to stand and fight, it would have done so before. Besides, who knows what kind of traps or trickery it might have put in place down there? It's a needless risk to go down there, leave it plugged up."
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1216 Day Thee:

Nurk looks at Haxta in confusion and then to Ferringo, "dig?" he asks. Ferringo shakes his and replies, "no. On skyship with me." And then gestures at the Valkyrie landing in the remains of the courtyard, it's ramp down and side doors open.

Nurk nods and jogs up to the craft, settling down in his usual position in the side door. Ferringo climbs aboard and straps himself in.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

1217 Day 3

"Haxta's right. We're better off not following the thing. Leave this end closed go to the other and work our way back. No way to escape, it dies." Phebia turned and followed Haxta to the Valkyrie.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Enrick shoved his way on board Valkyrie and planted himself at the side door next to the gunner. "Nurk!" Tapping the Ogryn on the shoulder as he past. "If these fools can do nothing but bicker. Then you and I will bring the Emperor's Justice to this beast! Ferringo, we'll need the help of the troopers to set an ambush. We'll also need you to give us some cover from the air." Enrick gave a confident fist shake to Ferringo to give the impression that the task was needed and not because of the man's earlier fears. "I'm not sure I trust leaving any of the others up here!"
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Phebia sat in the other door. "I know I wouldn't trust you in the air with a heavy bolter," Phebia said to Enrick. "You might enjoy a fully automatic bolter just a little too much."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

1218, day 3

Climbing into the Valkyrie, Haxta recovered her robes, shaking the vestments out before donning them again. They were merely cloth, but she felt somehow more secure none-the-less.

"We could forward him the bill for the bolts," Haxta suggested to Phebia. "That might make him try aimming a bit, instead of just shooting enough that it's impossible to miss."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Tyyr wrote:1218

Phebia sat in the other door. "I know I wouldn't trust you in the air with a heavy bolter," Phebia said to Enrick. "You might enjoy a fully automatic bolter just a little too much."
Enrick smirked. "I'd rather face that damned thing then listen to a bunch of migets fraking each other's egos over nothing. I've got kids at home for that. Besides, if I can't reach him with bullets then I'll just start swinging!" Enrick snapped his head towards the hilt of his great sword. "Between me and the Ogryn, if that ain't enough well hell be it. You guys should just start running and keep running until you can get the Astartes in here."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Lighthawk wrote:1218, day 3

Climbing into the Valkyrie, Haxta recovered her robes, shaking the vestments out before donning them again. They were merely cloth, but she felt somehow more secure none-the-less.

"We could forward him the bill for the bolts," Haxta suggested to Phebia. "That might make him try aimming a bit, instead of just shooting enough that it's impossible to miss."
Enrick smiled and hefted the stubber into one hand, holding it out for Haxta. "Think you could do better? Give it a try!"
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

1218, day 3

Haxta shook her head and held up her hands. "No thanks. I could pull it apart and put it back together, but I'd kill myself just trying to carry the ammo for that thing," she said jokingly.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"I'll leave the running to those better suited to it," Phebia said as she clipped herself in. Cradling the bolter in her lap she waited for take off.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Enrick took the stubber back into both hands and pointed it back out the door. "True enough, I'd bet it weighs as much as you do!" Enrick reached over and slapped Haxta on the back. "I like you! You're a funny kid."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

"I'll leave the running to those better suited to it," Phebia said as she clipped herself in. Cradling the bolter in her lap she waited for take off.
"What, you're to old for cardio now a days?" Enrick was still busy laughing at Haxta and so failed to look serious when he made the comment.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Thats why the Emperor blessed us with Rhinos."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

"Thats why the Emperor blessed us with Rhinos."
"So you're a blessing now???" Enrick laughed so hard he started coughing.