Dark Heresy: Illumination

Uzume
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination

Post by Uzume »

1206 Day 3

Lot sprinted up to the medic attending to Pahr's wounds. " Is there anything I can do? " She asked while kneeling down beside him. He was already on his back, Lot started wiping the dirt from his face. His eyes fluttered " Shh," she told him, "you're gonna be fine, slowpoke."

Pahr swatted away the medic's hand as he sat up. He glanced sideways at Lot, and she promptly shooed the protesting Sister away. He stood, and took a few halting steps before striding forward; he then promptly collapsed again, this time into Lot's careful embrace.

Her eyes met the medic's, " Help me get him to the Valkyrie."

The medic quickly compiled, " There is no internal bleeding; it might be a slight concussion though."

As they laid him down in the doorway Lot nods to the medic, "Thanks, I'll take it from here Sister. By the way, good job on the repel."

Then she sat Pahr up and gave him some water from her cantine. He coughed a bit, then spat out a bit of mud on the rusted floor of the Valkyrie, " Thanks," he growled, before trying to sit up again. Lot gently pushed him back down, and shook her head at him. He resisted for a moment, then nodded and sat back.
Mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter. - Anonymous
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

1206, Day Three

Trask looked around momentarily, then drew himself up stock-still. After a split second, he began to jog towards the back of the cathedral's foundation as cold beads of sweat formed on his forehead. Finally he called out, "Troopers! Fan out - search formation!" He then said to the rest of the team, "I felt it... or I felt the lack of it, like a void, or a hole in the universe... anyway, I sensed the overseer, but the feeling just faded. Dead, or on the run, I can't say. Karibi - try the auspex!"
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Throne DAMN it!" Phebia finished loading her bolter. "Where does that cellar go?"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1206-1215 Day Three:

"We don't know, just that it's deep!" Ferringo shouts as he moves forward, drawing his pistol. "Nurk! Clear rubble!"

Nurk immediately moves over to where the office used to stand and starts pitching rubble over his shoulder, forcing some of the party to dodge flying stone.

After a few minutes the Ogryn bellows out, "body!" And the corpse of the Bishop comes flying past, landing in the courtyard with a wet smack.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Phebia walks to the remains of the Bishop with a look of disgust on her face. "Such is the price of heresy," she mutters. "Flamer!" she barked. "Leave nothing," she points at the body and says.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Karibi staggered back to his feet, coated in dust from the ruined cathedral. At the psyker's order, he snatched the auspex off his belt and began trying to work it to the best of his ability. The results of the scan were shocking. There was indeed an underground portion of the complex, equal in size to the citadel itself and partitioned into a number of chambers. But even more worrying was what was leading off of it.

"Frak!" He yelled, his eyes widening as he set off running towards the others. "We need to get after them now! There's an underground floor as big as the cathedral itself, split into a whole bunch of rooms. Connecting to it is a tunnel that leads out into the wasteland...and it extends beyond the auspex's maximum range!"
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"We need to cut the beast off. Follow the tunnel to where ever it goes and set up an ambush. Karibi, Haxta, and I should take one of the gunship's and follow the tunnel to the end. Do we have any explosives left? We can set an ambush where the tunnel leads with the explosives and gunship and the rest of you will drive him to us."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1215, Day Three

"Do tell," Trask answered, bemused. "The rest of us will drive it towards you? When you're the only one of us with a weapon that even has a chance of hurting it?" Milo narrowed his eyes and continued, "Please educate me as to how we're to 'drive' that thing anywhere while you wait in safety."
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Phebia glared at Trask. "Yes, safety. I'll be the one standing between the creature and its means of escape. I'll have nothing to worry about at all. Think about the situation you throned damned idiot. The creature is discovered. It's human pawn is dead. It's constructs are eliminated. It's plan has unraveled and every minute it waits is one minute closer to us bringing even greater forces down upon it's head. Why in the name of Holy Terra would this thing decide to do anything but run as fast as it can towards its means of escape?"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1215, Day Three

"'Standing' between the creature and it's escape? You mean 'flying over.' And I'm glad you understand the xeno mind so well, so this time answer the question: what asset do we have to make that thing run while you're hiding in the Valkyrie?"
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"We don't have time for this!" Karibi yelled at them both. "You're the only one here with a weapon that can reliably hurt the damnable thing." Karibi said to Phebia. "If you leave, it could just hold its ground and slaughter the others. Then we'd be completey screwed. I'll take Haxta with me while the rest of you pursue. Between her explosives and the gunship's ammunition we should have enough firepower to take it down. It's got to surface somewhere."
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Clean out your ears, I already said that Haxta and I would be on the ground planting explosives. We do not know where this tunnel leads. If all we send is the scribe and the gunship if the gunship can't get a shot at it we're fraked. If I go with the priestess we can prepare a trap on the ground even if the gunship cannot get to him. Why would this thing take the time to fight when it's only hope is to run as fast as it can?"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1216, Day Three

"So, you're saying that you're running because the tunnel could come out in a place where it couldn't fire but it could land you? It's OK to admit that you're scared, Sister, but to make stuff up like this is unbecoming. Go, if you have no stomach to stand with us. We have no need for the weak of heart." Trask turned on his heel and called to Ferringo to form up the stormtroopers.
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Before Trask could turn Phebia brought up her bolter to his face. "Accuse me of cowardice again and I will end you witch. Your idiocy has clouded your mind, again."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

With a frustrated snarl, Karibi snapped at them both. "Enough of this! If you feel it's necessary, Sister, then by all means come. But we're going now. Trask, good luck." He added.

Fiddeling with the combead for a moment, he oppened a channel to one of the circling Valkyries. "This is Adept Marco Karibi. We need immediate transportation for three passengers." Not waiting for a reply, he turned and waved at Haxta. "Come on," He yelled at her. "we're going on a bit of a side trip."