Dark Heresy: Illumination

Uzume
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Dark Heresy: Illumination

Post by Uzume »

1204 Day3

Hearing the commotion over the microbead, Lot quickly rushed to the medic. " Hold on tight, and whatever you do... don't look down," says Lot to the startled women. Making their way to the side of the building, Lot explains the best way for the medic to her weight balanced. At the edge, she ties a safety line with some of the slack left in her line, then descends down the wall.
Mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter. - Anonymous
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Enrick seeing everyone starting to move figured cover wasn't needed anymore. Moved back away from the dome and set the safety on his weapon. Quickly standing, he took his rope from his sack and dropped a double line over the side. "Down we go!" he yelled as he rolled over the side of the building. A quick descent, ending with a thump from Enrick's bottom hitting the ground first. "Oww. Damn!" Getting to his feet, Enrick quickly started running away from the doomed building. His rope in short tow.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

1203 - 1204, Day Three

From in front of the altar, Trask slung his shotgun around and fired a full burst from the hip into the office doorway. The small room instantly became a swirling mass of shot, and both the xeno and the bishop fell to the ground and covered. Just then Milo heard the sound of a bolter coughing, and the last remaining alien construct tottered and fell across the altar from him. Looking over to Phebia's covering position, Trask smiled and said quietly into his vox, "The Emperor protects indeed, Sister." With that, he let the strap on his shotgun fall slack and bolted down the aisle and out the door.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1204 Day Three:

Having heard the chatter and commotion on the vox, the two Valkyries return to the area and start circling. You can hear the pilot of one hailing you over your beads, asking if your require assistance.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

1204 Day Three

"Yes!" Haxta replies, triggering the charges as the last team members bolt out the door, filling the building with thunder and flame as the explosives go off. She doesn't stop running. "Level the place!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1204, Day Three

As he dashed past the last row of pews, Trask looked to his left. Foregoing the vox, he screamed like he was back in the hold of a Black Ship. "NURK! Take the interrogator! NOW!"
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1204 Day Three:

Nurk grunts out a response and lifts the Interrogator with one meaty paw and tosses him over his back, holding him there as he charges out of the building.

1204 Day Three:

Haxta receives an acknowledgement of her request and a warning to retreat to a safe distance. The two Valkyries fly out over the settlement and return in line with the cathedral doors, before they pass over the party there is the crack of lascannon discharges and the ripping roar of rockets. Mere seconds later the cathedral is engulfed in flame, dust and chunks of stone are thrown in every direction, one decapitating the statue of the Emperor in the courtyard.

As the dust settles, you can see that the cathedral is now a smoking heap of rubble. Of the Bishop and Overseer, there is no sign.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1205, Day Three

Milo watched the pyrotechnic display with a small amount of awe, then said quietly, "We should find the bodies. I want visual confirmation of that xeno filth's messy demise."
as Bull offed Custer
Uzume
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Uzume »

1204 Day 3

As soon as her feet touched the ground, Lot unhooked the woman. "GO GO GO!!!" She shouted pushing her forward. Lot noticed Enrick's huge form coming down the side, and prayed a silent prayer for Pahr and the others.
Mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter. - Anonymous
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

12:04 day three

Pahr had the Overseer in his sights for a moment before it ducked into the office; the flames and smoke from the burning altar filled the reticule soon after, and then he heard the order to evac.

He growled as he stood, and noticed that the rest of the roof was empty. In the distance, he heard the whining hum of the incoming Valkyries and decided to bolt. He sprinted to the edge of the rooftop and hooked up his harness as the distant hum became a roar. As he swiftly rappelled down the cathedral, he heard the distinct sound of lascannons firing and rockets being launched. As soon as he hit solid ground, he sprinted as fast as he could, but he was a bit late.

A massive blast was the last thing he heard, before silence, and the feeling of being pushed through the air as if lifted by a giant invisible hand.

As he faceplanted into the dirt, his vision went black as he lost consciousness.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1205 Day Three:

Ferringo comes to his sense where Nurk had dumped him next to the others as he takes in the cathedral he mutters, "what the kekk?"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

1205, Day Three

"Good morning, valiant Malleus agent," Trask muttered sarcastically. "During our assault, we learned that we had less of chance of hurting that 'overseer' than a navigator has left alone in the Eye. It was either airstrike, or let that xeno thing walk away. Now round up some stormtroopers so we can confirm the bodies."
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Phebia glanced at Ferringo out of the corner of her eye as she began to reload her bolter. "Next time we need bigger guns. The psyker is correct however, we need to find the body of this thing and confirm it is dead. The bishop as well, his heresy must end here."

Phebia's eyes darted over the wreckage until she saw Pahr's still form. "MEDIC!"
Last edited by Tyyr on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1206:

Ferringo nods and you see him re-tune his vox-bead and start speaking into it. A few minutes later you hear the roar of an approaching Valkyrie and four troopers rappel out the side, landing just to the side of your party.

Ferringo gives them instructions to check the ruins and summon him and your party if they find anything.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

1206 Day Three:

While Ferringo's troopers rummage through the ruins, the medicae Sister dashes over to Pahr and starts checking him over for injuries.