Moderator: Lt. Staplic

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: B2 OOC

Post by Lt. Staplic »

2 Things I would like to address:

1) Fighter Compliments for Carriers. We have no baseline for this in Trek except roughly the shuttles, therefore I'm a bit in the dark as to how to approximate this. What I've decided to do is find a middle ground between the shuttles per kton on the NX Class which shows us the use of space on a Trek ship for auxilery craft of this time period, and a Nimitz Class Carrier which shows us our (at least current) abilities with fighters on combat modeled ships. It makes sense to me at least that for a spaced base carrier it will require far larger amounts of space to equip fighters than on a sea based carrier due in no small part to the necessity to have a closed in hanger, as well as a non-gravity dependant method of launch.

For now then I will set the sheets to allow 1 Fighter per 50 ktons. If anyone has any other opinions please feel free to PM your thoughts behind it and I'll consider them.

2) I will be updating the Starship R&D again to put a maximum number of emitters and tubes you can have on a ship...frankly it makes no sense to have a 200,000 ton ships with 400+ Torpedo Tubes and 2,000 beam emitters. I'll re-evaluate the limits of 20 torpedo tubes and 100 beam emitters per ship as the masses increase (which could accommodate more).

Again any comments, questions, concerns can be PM'ed to me and I'll be more than willing to consider any changes proposed. Thank you for your patience with this obviously not every possibility for excessive growth was conceived and limited before we started.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Sheets are done, Working on getting SITREPS done between hours at work. Hopefully everything will be done by late tonight
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Alright, finished up the SITREPS. So I'm going to mail everything out today. No new map this time. Turns will be due on Saturday 30 June at 5:00PM CDT. It will be the last 5 year turn.

I would also Highly suggest that everyone do some exploring on this next turn. Also, for those powers that are, or will be democratic, I will try and use this week to develop your governments parties, so following this five year turn you will have to begin selecting your coalition of parties and working to maintain your control.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I've been exploring and its been an 11yr bust... lol
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

don't forget that numbers play a major role in this. the probability that any given ship will find something is 0.1%. This increases to 0.4% if it's a dedicated explorer. So the best bet to find something is to have a large fleet of explorers.

I will also point out that while those seem like, and are small probabilities of occurrence we have already had a couple players find something exploring.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Damn, my exploration corps sucks... and so to my dice rolls!
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

So far I've only gotten 1 sheet. If everyone could please get those in to me today that would be great. Any sheets I don't have when I start turning them over Monday night/Tuesday will simply have their old sheets rolled forward.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sorry about that; I was planning to get that in last night after work, but Leia and I got caught up watching season 2 of Angel.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I'm up to 2 sheets...
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Lt. Staplic wrote:I'm up to 2 sheets...
Come on now, people!
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Stupid question, is there a reason we can only (or maybe just me) deploy about half our total ships?

Edit: and mine is sent.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Could it be because of the power outages? I know a number of our players are on the east coast.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I'll have mine in in an hour or two. Things have been rushed this past week.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Still waiting on an answer via pm. Sheet is pretty much ready other then that.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Tsukiyumi wrote:

Could it be because of the power outages? I know a number of our players are on the east coast.
Could be, just got my power back last night but I was at work and not home... :lol: