Star Wars Sim OOC Discussion Thread

Moderator: BigJKU316

BigJKU316
Captain
Captain
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Star Wars Sim OOC Discussion Thread

Post by BigJKU316 »

Down to one final turn. Pending weather issues tonight (tornadoes forecast for the area) I should get it done tonight and send stuff out as soon as I have the news ready.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

You need wireless in your shelter.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Holy fuck Big, the army costs weren't bad enough now the price of Tibanna is up to 50 credits a pop?
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

The idea is that you really can only afford to do one thing at a time. If you have a big, well trained army of conquest then major fleet building projects will be out of your reach. If you are building a major fleet it is unlikely you will be able to support a standing army of highly trained killers. It will to some degree be balanced as we move along. If the economics become crippling on people then things will relax. I just felt with the trek sim that powers were often able to do too many things at once economically. Plus what we saw in the SW movies was big chunks of the galaxy fielding fleets. Now you are trying to do it on the back of one planet and whatever you can take a hold of. As you grab hold of planets and break their people to your will your economic power will grow quickly.
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

Thinking about it the rise in ship cost probably merits some relief regarding gas production some of the ships doubled or came close to it when I redid work on the R&D calculator. Let me think about it over lunch, then I will put up a solution. I probably will expand everyone's gas production by double. That will make the higher producers still more valuable but not totally cripple you guys on building ships.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

OOU: I've been a complete twit with the entry of the Liberty too and put the hyperdrive way lower than it should be. Cost is high though due to sheet tweaks. Anyone who was interested, pm me and I'll negotiate a way round my idiocy.

Sorry guys. I blame exam season :roll: :worried:
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

And it's sorted. :)
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

Ok, I think that is what we are going to do about Tibanna.

Production on each world will double. This will preserve percentages of total production but will ease the bottleneck for all powers.

Additionally you will now be able to, at great cost, create synthetic gas to meet shortfalls. I will add this little module to your sheets this turn.

When ship cost change it sort of blew the useage figures I had tried apart. This should still have it be a scarce resource but should leave plenty for construction for most powers.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sounds great. :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Hey guys, I'm going to be bowing out of the active Sim. Like sunny and pete, I've just gotten tired of the trash that pretends to run this forum and I need a break from it. Reach me on skype or FB if you need something.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Is there (will there be, could there be) any option for re-purposing existing ships, or failing that any way to scrap them and recycle some of the components?
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

Lighthawk wrote:Is there (will there be, could there be) any option for re-purposing existing ships, or failing that any way to scrap them and recycle some of the components?
No, we are not going to go down that road again. They just become junk when you get rid of them.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

BigJKU316 wrote:
Lighthawk wrote:Is there (will there be, could there be) any option for re-purposing existing ships, or failing that any way to scrap them and recycle some of the components?
No, we are not going to go down that road again. They just become junk when you get rid of them.
K. I foresee some suicide tactics in the future of certain ships then.
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

The tac rules weigh fairly heavily against that as with closing range firepower will increase rapidly. Any ship strong enough to survive is probably to valuable to ram with.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

BigJKU316 wrote:The tac rules weigh fairly heavily against that as with closing range firepower will increase rapidly. Any ship strong enough to survive is probably to valuable to ram with.
Good to know, though not actually what I meant. I was thinking that outdated ships could still serve as literal shields for the newer fleet members.