BETA SIM OOC THREAD

Moderator: Lt. Staplic

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: STAPLIC SIM OOC THREAD

Post by Tyyr »

Alright that all makes plenty of sense.

What's the procedure for designing new marks of a ship like if I wanted to add more armor or shielding?

And it wasn't the colonies locked, I get that. It was my major planets that I couldn't name.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

If you wanted to just adjust one thing like armour and shielding, type in the new mark suchandsuch of the ship, make all the values the same as they currently are and then add in the shield tech.

However, Due to the cost of putting the ships in refit, you might as well give it a full overhaul.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Reliant121 wrote:If you wanted to just adjust one thing like armour and shielding, type in the new mark suchandsuch of the ship, make all the values the same as they currently are and then add in the shield tech.

However, Due to the cost of putting the ships in refit, you might as well give it a full overhaul.
The question is where in the spreadsheet do I do that though. If I do it in the calculator I get to pay for the R&D on the whole design but I don't see anywhere else to try can calculate the refit cost. Do I do the D&D but only use the cost of the R&D on the systems I change?
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by BigJKU316 »

Tyyr wrote:
Reliant121 wrote:If you wanted to just adjust one thing like armour and shielding, type in the new mark suchandsuch of the ship, make all the values the same as they currently are and then add in the shield tech.

The question is where in the spreadsheet do I do that though. If I do it in the calculator I get to pay for the R&D on the whole design but I don't see anywhere else to try can calculate the refit cost. Do I do the D&D but only use the cost of the R&D on the systems I change?
Refits are done by paying to R&D a ship with the same mass as the ship you are refitting. You then can both build the new model of ship in your yards and refit 3 times that many of the old model each year into the Mk. II version. There are limits on how old an original design can be for you to refit it. Staplic can give you the details of how he wants to handle that.

And you pay for the whole ship. It does charge you for stuff you might not change...but you also get a bunch of updated ships basically for no construction cost, so it evens out really.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Tyyr, if you want to resend your spreadsheet I'll modify the sheet so the systems stuff is unlocked, or you can just send the numbers in next week with the spreadsheet and I'll add it.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I'll send it to you in a moment.
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

Who are the other players at the moment? Just need to know who to address dispatches to.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Tyyr - Cardassians
BIG - Federation
Codan - Klingons

Those are the only ones that are definate.....Mikey is getting back to me soon and once he does that will settle everything else
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Sheesh, that's it?
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

I thought Nick was the Romulans.

At this point I don't have an issue double shifting people who are comfortable they can do it. Though I would prefer they play a different power in different games.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'm happy to take on another power, i dont actually do anything all day.

My preference would be Romulans, but I'll take the Gorn if thats not open.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

okay, we have 3 definates, but we also have 2-3 that are unknown.

Mikey may or may not Play
Nick is playing either the Romulans or Breen dependant upon Mikey
and another player has signed up that is waiting for Ian to approve her to the forum.

right now everyone but the FA and Tholians has been taken....if Mikey doesn't play I'll definately be looking for another player, and Reliant just got dibs.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

If Mikey IS in, I'm happy to go with either the Tholians. maybe a bit small for my liking, but that could prove interesting with regard to the Gorn.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I'll poke LH and see if he'd be interested.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Also one thing I want to point out to everyone since I just opened IC interaction:

I MUST BE COPIED ON EVERYTHING

if it is being said IC i need to have a record of it. Just as the ppl of the other game, bad things can and probably will happen when you leave the exact workings of deals up to the imagination of the GM. IC thread I can see, any PM that goes out though needs to be sent to me also.

also I just made a new folder and command so that anything with the subject 'STAPLIC SIM' will be put into a folder for this thread....if you could all try and remember that as much as possible it would help me organizationally