USS Daystrom Stats

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Mwahahaha by diabolial plan to crash your internet so I can be ht e superior officer worker... for a weekend.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Or would that be your diabolic plan to be able to go onto this site and not get wrapped up in ten different debates? :wink:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

As a recomendation I will make the captain to hold staff meetings every so often to give briefings and guide the mission. Everyone can still do there own thing (I know at least 3 people are creating there own little mini plots) while I'll try and keep the over all mission in line. Should save it getting to messy.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sounds good. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Rochey wrote:
And just what kind of cockpit do the fighters have? Something like 20th century jet fighters with no room to move, or more like the cockpits of fighters used by the Maquis?
These fighters are small, not much larger than modern fighters, so they will have a rather cramped cockpit with limited flight times. They pack a punch, but can't take hits too well.
Okay. Modifications should be easy. A cut and paste job should be easy then, assuming that the cockpits are up front, and not midway or all the way back like in some other sci-fi fighters(like the X-wing or Arwing designs)

As for the scout shuttle, anyone want to help with it or should I just recruit some of the no-name crew members?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, if you're making the cockpit bigger then there may be a problem. Due to its small size, every system on the fighter is packed very tightly. The cockpit is that small for a reason, so making it bigger would mean re-locating several systems, or maybe stripping them out alltogether.

And I'd advise you to clear this with the captain, or the Commander may not be too pleased with such an operation going on completely unauthorised.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:Well, if you're making the cockpit bigger then there may be a problem. Due to its small size, every system on the fighter is packed very tightly. The cockpit is that small for a reason, so making it bigger would mean re-locating several systems, or maybe stripping them out alltogether.

And I'd advise you to clear this with the captain, or the Commander may not be too pleased with such an operation going on completely unauthorised.
I figured I would remove the entire cockpit section and replace it with a custom design. It may sound crazy but we've seen some strange kitbashes and compared to some of those my idea is rather simple.

And I was going to ask the captain's permission. After all I may want the Tholian's help on some weapon ideas and the engines. The data on the Tholian ship said it used an unrefined Transwarp drive system, and even an unrefined transwarp engine would make the scout shuttle faster.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

I'm more than willing to help on the tactical systems, maybe some micro-quantum torpedos :wink:
I'd make it delta-flyer esque, so it can be flown with as little as one person, but more effeciently with 2/3/4 people, so you can have someone on tactical, operations and science.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

figured I would remove the entire cockpit section and replace it with a custom design. It may sound crazy but we've seen some strange kitbashes and compared to some of those my idea is rather simple.
Sounds okay to me. That'll take a lot of resources and time, though.
And I was going to ask the captain's permission. After all I may want the Tholian's help on some weapon ideas and the engines. The data on the Tholian ship said it used an unrefined Transwarp drive system, and even an unrefined transwarp engine would make the scout shuttle faster.
Sounds good to me. :)
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Excellent. I'm figuring on proposing the design to the captain and then at the staff meeting I show the concept to the crew and we can discuss some ideas, those of us that want to work on it anyway.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Why is the actual thread going so slowly while the other ones go so fast! Get posting, people!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Excellent. I'm figuring on proposing the design to the captain and then at the staff meeting I show the concept to the crew and we can discuss some ideas, those of us that want to work on it anyway.
Cool. Although, I'm wondering how reluctant the Commander may be to giving up the secrets of Tholian technology...
Why is the actual thread going so slowly while the other ones go so fast! Get posting, people!
No idea....
*cracks whip*
Get to it!
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

why would such a reclusive,territorial and overtly hostile race, be anything but giving and charitable?
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

I can't post until some other people post.
More story!
*cracks another whip (accidently hits Rochey who makes strange noise)
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

that'll be the chilli, speaking
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay