USS Daystrom sign in

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Sorry was just doing that list from memory. :)
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I have an idea for the plaque inscription for our inimitable USS Daystrom -

"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori." - Virgil

Is it a little too Andorian-warrior-clan of me?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I can' be bothered translatting it so you may want to say what it is :P

I was also think of using some pig latin maybe. How about:

" ite-bay e-may, itches-bay"
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

rofl :lol:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

It's from Virgil's Aeneid, and loosely translates as: "It is sweet and fitting to die for one's country."

I like yours, too. :twisted:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

lol mikey, i have a tattoo of that, although mine was inspired by a ww1 poet, didn't realise the cheeky plaiger had appropriated it!
dulce et decorum pro patri mori
Even if folks don't know the full translation ,they can guess, decorum often means harmony, balance or calm in modern lingo, pro is for; like pro and cons, for and against, patri is patriarch or father figure but also can be used like fatherland, and mori is like morte, death, think of it as mortal or mortality, that reminds me mikey, you read morte d'arthur?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I believe you got that line from Siegfried Sasoon's poem?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Rochey,you've usurped Mikey, now, as numero uno,
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

What for?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

reminding me it was sassoon, numero uno, i mean in my cool book,although i am fickle,so keep it up!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay then, thanks! :)
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

*Comms Metalhead*
Report to my office. I have duties for you.
*comms back* Understood. *Takes turbolift to the office, reports and stands at attention with his rifle*
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

*Nods to Metalhead*
At ease.
We have a new model of fighter onboard plus our shuttles have arrived. Prep your fighters and make ready the shuttles for ground deployment.
I hear you have a fair bit of knowledge in that head of yours.
I want a report on anything anti-borg you can come up with.
Its a lot, I know, so take your time with it.
If you have any comments or notes to add please feel free, otherwise you are dismissed.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Character name : Nicholas E Seafort

Race: Human

Posting: Chief Engineer

Character Bio: Born Cardiff, Earth 2350, single parent family (father). Attended Starfleet Academy 2368-2372. Posted aboard USS Hibernia during the Dominion War - took command of the ship as Ensign in late 2374 when all senior officers were killed, promoted Lt j.g. Served aboard USS Challenger at 2nd Battle of Chintoka. Served aboard USS Olympiad 2375-2380 as Assistant Chief Engineer. Promoted Lt. 2378. Appointed Chief Engineer of USS Daystrom upon commissioning.

Character name and history derived from the Seafort Saga by David Feintuch and adapted by DITL Forum user "Captain Seafort". No copyright infringement intended.

Sorry for the delay.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Deepcrush wrote:*Nods to Metalhead*
At ease.
We have a new model of fighter onboard plus our shuttles have arrived. Prep your fighters and make ready the shuttles for ground deployment.
I hear you have a fair bit of knowledge in that head of yours.
I want a report on anything anti-borg you can come up with.
Its a lot, I know, so take your time with it.
If you have any comments or notes to add please feel free, otherwise you are dismissed.

*returns several hours later with a PADD*

Sir. All shuttle craft are ready for ground operations, I have requested that the Danube Runabouts fly cover for shuttles carrying men, in the event we are unable to use transporters, I presume. In order to increase the carrying capacity of the craft we have available, we've modified the gravity plating onboard the craft to increase to three times earth gravity around objects placed in certian marked sections. It is a highly efficent use of the shuttle, as cargo space aboard most shuttle craft is limited to the extreeme. Enhancing the cargo plating will prevent anything from flying around, while still allowing the men to move about the shuttle, if nessecary. All shuttles have undergone diagnostics on defensive systems and stability of propulsion systems. Scans for errors or discepancies were negligable.

You requested I produce 'anti-borg' items for this list. As far as I am aware, our vessel is on a search and rescue mission, and I find it highly unlikely that we will encounter the collective. However, as you requested I plan for that contingency, I will comply. Phasers will be of moderate use against drones. Recent regenerative and random-cycle upgrades for all phaser weapons will give us roughly fourteen to twenty five shots, depending on the speed of discharge, accuracy, and nature of drones encounterd. Should we encounter tactical drones, it is unlikely we will be to defeat them with phaser weaponry.

Though I do not believe we will encounter tactical drones, I have prepared a possible option for that contingency as well. The plan is to use micro-photon grenades, usually hand-held and thrown units. I am attempting to construct a small launcher for these units which will be adapted to either attach to type-3 rifles or possibly be fired independently, though the effectiveness of this weapon is only speculative at best. Should we be boared by the Borg, all sections with drones onboard will be cleared of personell in two minutes, and the sections with drones in them will have their gravity plating enhanced to 300 times earth normal gravity. It should cause enough damage to kill or incapacitate any drones caught in the effect.

Is there anything else sir? *hands him the PADD*
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!