Ship of the Week: The Death Star

RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Ship of the Week: The Death Star

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

You seriously gotta wonder what happened to the guy who authorized opening the bunker door after... :poke:
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

He probably decided to stay at his post after the explosives were set.

If you pause it at the right minute I think you can just make out his legs, one of his arms, and his head :-

"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Either that or he got a new employer - he would, after all, have been a hero of the rebellion, albeit unintentionally.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:Either that or he got a new employer - he would, after all, have been a hero of the rebellion, albeit unintentionally.
If you knew a guy who was dumb enough to do that to his last outfit, would you hire him?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Mikey wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:Either that or he got a new employer - he would, after all, have been a hero of the rebellion, albeit unintentionally.
If you knew a guy who was dumb enough to do that to his last outfit, would you hire him?

"I... did it intentionally! I've always been a rebel at heart, you see. Just this morning, I was commenting on how the coffee always tasted better during the Old Republic... please tell me you're buying this..."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

:lol:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Wouldn't be the first time someone pulled that stunt. Needa's brother did much the same after the New Republic captured Coruscant, claiming that Needa was "martyred by Darth Vader after he let the Millennium Falcon escape".
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Actually, this would be the first time. That happened during 'Wedge's Gamble', 2-3 years after Endor. ;)
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Eh, good point. Still goes to show that some Imps have the brass face to pull that sort of stunt.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

No problem. And anyone who willingly works with Vader and Palps would have to have some brass.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Hardly. A couple of mind-readers who can rip your trachea out with a thought? I think most people would work for them happily if they asked.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I would love to see him trying to explain it to his superiors.. "Honestly, it was one of our guys!" "I don't believe you" "Well would you believe 2 dozen Rebel Commandos swooped in and forced me to open the door?" "No" "Well...would you believe 2 dozen Boy Scouts with pocket knives jumped in and surrounded me?" etc.

Cookie for the reference.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:No problem. And anyone who willingly works with Vader and Palps would have to have some brass.
Honestly though, how many members of the Imperial Armed Forces would even have glimpsed Vader and Palps. Let alone work directly with them?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Vadar was fairly common as he went on all the missions ect. Palpatine was much more secretive.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:Vadar was fairly common as he went on all the missions ect. Palpatine was much more secretive.

He was common in the movies but the Imperial military consists of more than the DS crew and Death Squadron.