Dominion
42%

Total votes: 12
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Re: War of the Week: VII

Post by kostmayer »

The Daleks said something similiar to the Cybermen once - such a cheesy scene.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The Dominion almost beat them with only a tiny fraction of their total power, their fleet is larger over all, their ability to grow/build, ships/troops is far faster than the allies.

Every single thing is in the Dominions favour.

Name me one thing the alliance has superior to the Dominion.
Nothing. But all those advantages are nullified by the presence of the wormhole. Even if the Dominion had ten ships for every Allied vessel, they'd still be unable to usefully utilise those numbers as they'd be pushing through a bottleneck that hundreds, if not thousands, of Allied ships would be guarding. They'd be unable to break through without destroying their entire fleet in the process.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Well in that case its a draw at the very least, but since I cant imagin the Dominion ever allowing the Alliance to survive I think the Dominion would just pour fleet after fleet after fleet through the Wormhole, the Alliance just couldnt keep up with the loses they would take even if they only loss 1 ship for every 5 Dominion ones.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

kostmayer wrote:The Daleks said something similiar to the Cybermen once - such a cheesy scene.
That was the angle

-gives cookie-
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

That episode was so badly done.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Yep but you gained a cookie =]
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

kostmayer wrote:That episode was so badly done.
:? What, "Doomsday"? It was the best season finale we've had in the new series, by quite a distance.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Let it be known that I actually did like that episode, i was just nodding and agreeing.

Anyone else want a cookie? free of charge?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well in that case its a draw at the very least, but since I cant imagin the Dominion ever allowing the Alliance to survive I think the Dominion would just pour fleet after fleet after fleet through the Wormhole, the Alliance just couldnt keep up with the loses they would take even if they only loss 1 ship for every 5 Dominion ones.
Except that the situation is such that they couldn't push through the wormhole. Even if they threw their entire fleet through, they'd be picked off as they arrived by the much smaller Allied fleet. And, similarly, the Allied fleet can't break through for the same reasons.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Teaos wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:
Teaos wrote:But the alliance can never make in roads into Dominion space, which was part od the original senario, it was not about the Dominion trying to take over the AQ, it was about the Dominion and Alliance in an all out war, the alliance can never make in roads into the GQ thus they lose, the most they can hope to do is hold the wormhole, and if the Dominion take that which they have the power to do with heavy loses they win.
The biggest problem you have right now is you don't even bother to think that the Allies could win. Every time you talk you always say the "allies lose if they only hold the wormhole" but somehow you try to make it a win if the Dominion does it. So, you end up talking crap about nothing.
The reason I dont think they cant win with out a dues ex machina virus is because they cant.

The Dominion almost beat them with only a tiny fraction of their total power, their fleet is larger over all, their ability to grow/build, ships/troops is far faster than the allies.

Every single thing is in the Dominions favour.

Name me one thing the alliance has superior to the Dominion.
Fraction...? How do you get fraction...?

What everything by the way? You're still ranting and saying nothing. Again, the dues ex machina was the wormhole and 2000 ships. A huge number no doubt but if there was already a fleet blocking the wormhole then it wouldn't matter. Those 2000 ships would get cut apart a dozen at a time.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Deepcrush wrote:Fraction...? How do you get fraction...?
Because the Dominion was far larger than any of the AQ powers, and would therforehave the industrial capacity to support a much larger fleet than could be supported by the Cardassian industrial base. They were also a far more militaristic power than anyone short of the Klingons (certainly far more than the Federation), and would therefore have devoted a greater proportion of that industrial base to warship construction.
What everything by the way? You're still ranting and saying nothing. Again, the dues ex machina was the wormhole and 2000 ships. A huge number no doubt but if there was already a fleet blocking the wormhole then it wouldn't matter. Those 2000 ships would get cut apart a dozen at a time.
Agreed - because they wouldn't be able to deploy more than a few dozen ships through the wormhol at once. The same would happen to an alliance fleet attempting to invade the Gamma Quadrant.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Because the Dominion was far larger than any of the AQ powers, and would therforehave the industrial capacity to support a much larger fleet than could be supported by the Cardassian industrial base. They were also a far more militaristic power than anyone short of the Klingons (certainly far more than the Federation), and would therefore have devoted a greater proportion of that industrial base to warship construction.
Far larger then any ONE of the AQ powers true, but seemed to be even footing when the Allies came together on the matter.
Agreed - because they wouldn't be able to deploy more than a few dozen ships through the wormhol at once. The same would happen to an alliance fleet attempting to invade the Gamma Quadrant.
I would see the whole matter as a bloody fight and with being neither side strong enough force the other back. It would be the Battle of Kedesh all over again.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Deepcrush wrote:Far larger then any ONE of the AQ powers true, but seemed to be even footing when the Allies came together on the matter.
Far more powerful than the Big Three combined. Whenever the possibility of the Dominion gaining reinforcements from the Gamma Quadrant was raised, both sides treated such an event as making a Dominion victory inevitable.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Fraction...? How do you get fraction...?

Wow its hard to debate with someone who didnt even watch the show.

The Dominion had no base in the AQ, they had what they swiped from the Cardassians and built while they were there. They also had only brough through a small part of their standing fleet as seen when they tried to bring that massive fleet through the wormhole.

We dont knwo for sure how big Dominion space is but it would stand to reason that it is fairly massive given the size of their fleet and ships.

The Dominion with only a fraction of their power could almost beat the alliance, with their full power and far superior shipyards the Allinace dont stand a chance.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
mlsnoopy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mlsnoopy »

Why do some of you think that at the begining of the war there would be thousends of ships guarding the wormhole. That is not the case. The first Dominion fleet that would come through would only have to deal with DS9. Its only a question if the alliance can gather its fleets fast enough to stop and push back the initial Dominion attack. But I belive that they would have trouble doing that.