Gamma mission sign in

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Gamma mission sign in

Post by Monroe »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:
Monroe wrote:Then I can see it hitting those officers.
First of all shi was raised not to hit, although calling hir an it might do it anyway.
I'll forget to call the character a shi. So usually I go with she. But I didn't do if she would perfer to be a he or a she. So I called the character an it.
English really does need a third gender pronoun though. Shi I don't like because in conversation it sounds like she.
Lon (she) Loni (her) work? :P
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Monroe wrote:Lon (she) Loni (her) work? :P
Hmm...what universe/species was that originally used for?
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Blackstar, making her older would not require extensive reworking.
I think it's quite clear that as it stands, it isn't happening - I've made some suggestions about how to rework it so it fits, but either way the Shadowfox needs to stay SF - otherwise it won't be able to take part in SF operations or be housed in the Daystrom, and by extension, your character would need to be a member of SF. I'm sure making her a bit older (18 would allow her to be a Petty officer after IIRC 6 months at the academy) and wouldn't require drastic reworking.
Making M'Real a little older to fit in with her daughter's birth wouldn't require any reworking either.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Thorin wrote:Blackstar, making her older would not require extensive reworking.
Yes it would. Stardust is currently written as the daughter of M'Real who didn't have a daughter 10 years ago. A large part of hir character is that shi is the daughter of M'Real with hir back history reflecting that. To rework hir to be older, I'd have to change hir liniage, species and hir entire backstory as a result, essentially creating an entirly new character. That would fall under "extensive".
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Make it so that M'Real did have a daughter 10 years ago?
Either way you're going to be forced to have her enter SF.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Wait, wait, wait. Are you telling me this isn't some type of thing where 10 years is actually into her adulthood, because of some Chakat aging or growth process? You mean this an actual equivalent of what we know as a child? And you want her to serve on Mikey's ship?

You HAVE to be kidding me.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Thorin wrote:Make it so that M'Real did have a daughter 10 years ago?
And thus defy the canon of the last two missions of the USS Daystrom RP? You people got upset when Enterprise pissed on canon and now you want me to piss on our canon?
Either way you're going to be forced to have her enter SF.
Is there some sort of temperary type of rank system in Starfleet, like they did with the Maquis?
Are you telling me this isn't some type of thing where 10 years is actually into her adulthood, because of some Chakat aging or growth process? You mean this an actual equivalent of what we know as a child?
Well Chakats do age slightly faster then humans physically but develop quite a bit faster mentally. So shi's just a little larger then the average 10 year old but has the brains of someone several years older.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

And thus defy the canon of the last two missions of the USS Daystrom RP? You people got upset when Enterprise pissed on canon and now you want me to **** on our canon?
You actually made a statement that M'Real didn't have a child? Even if you did, you could easily say she didn't know about it for a whole multitude of reasons. And I haven't got upset at Enterprise - I never watch it. I don't even consider it a part of the ST universe :wink:
Is there some sort of temperary type of rank system in Starfleet, like they did with the Maquis?
Acting ranks, but I wouldn't even give that to Wesley Crusher (we are doing a slightly military competant version of ST here) if he were on our ship. Besides that, as a civilian they wouldn't be allowed on a military only ship, they wouldn't even get chance to be given a temporary commision, especially when there is no reason and they are so young.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Ok, this is assuming that I will be the Tac and Security Chief

Ltjg Susan Miller
Deputy Security Chief/Beta shift Tactical Officer
Race: Human
Height: 5'6
Weight: 115 lbs
Hair: Red
Eyes: Green (one bionic)
Birthplace: Delano, Georgia
This character is both killable, and open for use.

Susan is from a small farm town in Georgia, where she grew up the youngest of five with four older brothers. When she was twelve one of her older brothers was playing with an archaic high powered nail gun that he had found buried in the attic, and accidentally shot her in the temple, resulting in her losing an eye. Her uncle, who was a doctor at Starfleet Medical was able to replace her eye, with a bionic implant, which actually increases her visual acuity to a heightened level. She first met Mark at their 2nd year in the acadamy, where she embarassed him at the phaser range. Due in part she is an expert markmen, and was sought by Special Ops, a commission which she declined. When they were at the acadamy, she developed a strong attraction to him, (of which he is completely oblivious) which was one of the deciding factors when she was offered a position serving under him. She is proficient in Terran Karate, and Tai Kwon Do.

Name: Ltjg Tar Ritan
Security/Delta Shift Tactical Officer
Race: Brikar
Height: 7'5
Weight: 550 lbs
Hair: None
Eyes: Grey
Birthplace: Brikar Homeworld
This character is both killable and open for use

Tar Ritan, a veteran of the Dominion War, realizes this is the last stop for him. He had a promising career ahead of him, and had even achieved the rank of Lt. Cmdr until an ill fated mission to retake a classified planet as part of a ground force. His commanding officer, Captain Dix, an inexperienced ground commander yet to arrogant to realize this was leading a ground assault againt a Jem'Hadar fortification, which then Cmdr Ritan kept objecting, who knew that it was a trap. After the trap was sprung Dix refused to fall back and realizing that Dix would get them all killed before admitting he was wrong, stunned the Captain with his phaser, picked him up and carrying him over his shoulder, led the survivors to the extraction point. Ritan was Court Martialed for his action, and demoted to the rank of Ensign, the only reason he was left in the fleet was it was wartime and they needed every experienced body they had, and he had managed to rescue the survivors of his team. Mark first met him as a child, on board the USS Plaito, serving as a transporter tech. Tar was just about ready to give up hope on his life in Starfleet when Mark requested him specifically for his department on board the new battleship.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Thorin wrote:
And thus defy the canon of the last two missions of the USS Daystrom RP? You people got upset when Enterprise pissed on canon and now you want me to **** on our canon?
You actually made a statement that M'Real didn't have a child? Even if you did, you could easily say she didn't know about it for a whole multitude of reasons.
Well, the child is the daughter of M'Real and Blackstar so if they had a child 10 years ago or earlier that would've been covered by this RP as both had been characters in it. Chakats wouldn't abandon their kids and M'Real would have to know she had a kid, being the mother and all(don't worry you aren't the first one to go, "his/her/hir mother left before they were born".)
especially when there is no reason and they are so young.
Being one of the only two people in Starfleet with a total understanding of all of the Shadow Fox's systems wouldn't be enough? And age is relative to species. Alexander Rozhenko(Worf's son) was about 8 years or so old when he joined the Klingon Defense Fleet.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Well, the child is the daughter of M'Real and Blackstar so if they had a child 10 years ago or earlier that would've been covered by this RP as both had been characters in it. Chakats wouldn't abandon their kids and M'Real would have to know she had a kid, being the mother and all(don't worry you aren't the first one to go, "his/her/hir mother left before they were born".)
She may have known she had a kid, but may have though she lost it or was killed or a whole load of reasons. I think it'd actually add more to the characters, personally, and really you don't have much other choice.
Being one of the only two people in Starfleet with a total understanding of all of the Shadow Fox's systems wouldn't be enough? And age is relative to species. Alexander Rozhenko(Worf's son) was about 8 years or so old when he joined the Klingon Defense Fleet.
Alexander's was just a stupid thing though, a complete unexplainable thing. And she isn't one of only two people to know her systems. Just because Leah Brahms designed the Galaxy's engines doesn't mean that the Laforge didn't know fully how to use them. Besides that fact, the schematics are open to anyone.

Basically, this RP is about a reasonably competant military approach to SF. A 10 year old civilian captaining a private vessel harboured on a SF ship in SF operations is not realistic.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Name: Ens. Danial Collins
Security Officer/Gamma shift Tactical Officer
Race: Human
Height: 5'10
Weight: 170 lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Birthplace: Luna City, Luna
This character is both killable and open for use

Oddly enough, the first time Dan Collins ever set foot on Earth was to attend the acadamy. He was born and raised in the domes of Luna City, where he had a sheltered childhood supervised by two overprotective parents. Joining Starfleet was the first thing that he ever did against his parents wishes, and that was the best descision he ever made. In the acadamy, he demonstrated a natural gift for manual targeting, setting a new acadamy record for the most targets hit WITHOUT the use of a phaser lock, which won him this posting on the Federations new battleship.

Name: Torak
Science Officer/Vulcan Science Acadamy
Race: Vulcan
Height: 5'10
Weight: 165 lbs
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Birthplace: Vulcan
This character is open for use, BUT IS NOT KILLABLE, yet

Torak and Mark have a unpleasent history together. Torak is a racist, and makes no pretenses about what he considers Vulcan supiorority, and especially dislikes humans, who he consider inferior due to their "limited" physical strength, intellect, and not having ANY telepathic abilities (which Torak considers paramount as he is a VERY powerful telepath). Torak was a chief rival of Mark, when they were younger, and is directly responsible for at one time breaking the boys left wrist, ribs, and right arm at different times. It was Torak who forcefully mind melded to Mark, making an honest effort to break Marks mind and drive him insane, which is what resulted in Marks telepathic damage and scaring. Torak is a genius, even according to Vulcan standards, and is a gifted scientist. He saw the chance to travel post war to the Gamma Quadrant as a monumental oppertunity, and had several of his superiors at the Science Acadamy use some of their influence to get him onboard. Tension runs VERY high when Mark and Torak find themselves in the same room.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Thorin wrote: She may have known she had a kid, but may have though she lost it or was killed or a whole load of reasons. I think it'd actually add more to the characters, personally, and really you don't have much other choice.
You shouldn't be allowed to write...ever...you have no concept of staying consistant with character designs
Alexander's was just a stupid thing though, a complete unexplainable thing.
Well, it could be explained by the possibility that some species age differently then humans :roll:
And she isn't one of only two people to know her systems.

There's a difference between using a system and knowing how to fix it. I could probably use a gun, but I wouldn't have a chance in hell fixing it.
Basically, this RP is about a reasonably competant military approach to SF.
Losing half a fleet to a bunch of pirates and smugglers is competant?

You know what I find annoying. When Blackstar(the RP character) started doing hir 'thing' with not following the line of command and stuff, you guys said I should've made hir a civilian. Now I'm creating a civilian character and you're all having a hissy fit over it. :madashell: You people are less consistant then Enterprise!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Did you ever consider the sense of what you were writing before you call us on pointing out the irrationality of it?

Here's the bottom line: this character must be an adult - I don't mind if 10 years is adult for her due to racial distinctions, but if she is to be an officer then she must have completed the academy. If she is an NCO, she must be the equivalent of at least a late-teenage human.

If the 'Fox is to be based on a Starfleet vessel purposefully and participate in Starfleet operations, it must be a Starfleet vessel. I'm not even yet addressing the fact that my character has as much claim to the 'Fox as Blackstar, and more than M'Real; OR the fact that it was/is part of MY ship's complement and you just stole it in your new bio.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Mikey wrote:Did you ever consider the sense of what you were writing before you call us on pointing out the irrationality of it?
And would writing Blackstar as a civilian had made any sense? :roll:
OR the fact that it was/is part of MY ship's complement and you just stole it in your new bio.
It's not your ship. The Daystrom is property of Starfleet :P