Statistics

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Statistics

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote::shock: What kind of base were YOU on?
Well I wasn't Navy but yeah, don't ask don't tell. :wink:

There was a guy in the Mess that thought it was a good idea to perform a public blowjob on a guy in his section.

Edit: You guys haven't heard of getting cornholed? I thought that was a common southern redneck joke?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I know what you mean, though thankfully not from personal experience - but I wasn't even on the same wavelength when you made the joke.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Sadly enough I got it...
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

It would seem that my download blocker has indeed solved the problems. The counter is now working correctly again.
email, ergo spam
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

It seems it works a bit too well lol. I was just trying to get some information and must have triggered it by going through so many pages.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

KuvahMagh wrote:It seems it works a bit too well lol. I was just trying to get some information and must have triggered it by going through so many pages.
You will never trigger it by going to any number of pages via the site buttons. What triggers it, and increases the visitor count, is loading the main page over and over again. One thing that will get you triggered is going to a large number of bookmarked links. This causes the frames to reload counting you as another visitor, simply clicking the links provided does not do this. Given that you can get to just about any page within three clicks of the mouse I don't think this is too onerous a task.

What was it you where doing at the time, and what sort of timescales where involved.
email, ergo spam
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

I was looking through the episode guide trying to find Stardates for the end of the Dominion War to use in the Aftermath Thread. It was pretty fast and I wasn't just clicking links but having it open in a new tab in Firefox. I never went back to the main page, what finally gave me the maessage was trying to get to the Sao Paulo page, it came up with a black screen saying something like it appears you are attempting to download this site, please don't since this costs us bandwith.

I am Using Firefox 2.0.0.14, I also have Fasterfox (2.0.0) enabled, set to Optimized with Prefetching turned off.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

KuvahMagh wrote:I was looking through the episode guide trying to find Stardates for the end of the Dominion War to use in the Aftermath Thread. It was pretty fast and I wasn't just clicking links but having it open in a new tab in Firefox. I never went back to the main page, what finally gave me the maessage was trying to get to the Sao Paulo page, it came up with a black screen saying something like it appears you are attempting to download this site, please don't since this costs us bandwith.

I am Using Firefox 2.0.0.14, I also have Fasterfox (2.0.0) enabled, set to Optimized with Prefetching turned off.
The issue is with you opening pages in a new tab. Every time you do that you are counted as a new visitor, after 5 pages within an hour you are cut off from the page you ask for, as you saw. I will relax the threshold a little and shorten the time that the system resets after. OK, that's done, it's now 10 pages in 10 mins.
Thanks
Ian
email, ergo spam
Bernd
Petty officer first class
Petty officer first class

Post by Bernd »

I couldn't resist trying it out. :happydevil:

Actually, one time or another I may have run into such a blocking anyway because I just love to CTRL-click links. Especially when I discover a new site I want to explore it as fast as possible.

At EAS I'm having no major problem with download tools yet. In my terms of service I explicitly allow them but reserve the right to throttle them or to lock them out if they cause too much traffic.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Bernd wrote:I couldn't resist trying it out. :happydevil:

Actually, one time or another I may have run into such a blocking anyway because I just love to CTRL-click links. Especially when I discover a new site I want to explore it as fast as possible.

At EAS I'm having no major problem with download tools yet. In my terms of service I explicitly allow them but reserve the right to throttle them or to lock them out if they cause too much traffic.
we were getting very close to our bandwidth limits for the month so something had to be done :)
email, ergo spam
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Ian, we've had our current host for a long time now. Can't we get a better deal on bandwidth these days?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Well it seems mentioning the forum on the main site works well. We've picked up 3 or 4 members in the last few days.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.