Star Trek Film Scripts - now with extra mockery!

Show us your fanfic, original stories, poems, etc
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Star Trek Film Scripts - now with extra mockery!

Post by Captain Seafort »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:And if the year doesn't fit evenly with twelve months, like how an earth year doesn't fit evenly into twelve months?
Then round up or down to make the months fit. Or just leave them - a solar year could be divided into twelve months of equal length, we just don't since a thirty day, ten hour, thirty minute month would be a bit confusing.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Blackstar the Chakat wrote:And if the year doesn't fit evenly with twelve months, like how an earth year doesn't fit evenly into twelve months?
Then round up or down to make the months fit. Or just leave them - a solar year could be divided into twelve months of equal length, we just don't since a thirty day, ten hour, thirty minute month would be a bit confusing.
Why do they even need months?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:Why do they even need months?
Because humans like things to be broken down into at most low double-digit numbers of subdivisions, rather than hundreds.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Captain Seafort wrote:
Blackstar the Chakat wrote:Why do they even need months?
Because humans like things to be broken down into at most low double-digit numbers of subdivisions, rather than hundreds.
Oh, right...I forgot how primitive humans are :P
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

An old teacher once said that 13 months of 28 days would actually be more accurate. But since we didn't figure that out till relatively recently, people just got so accustomed to our current calander we'd never change to another.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mark wrote:An old teacher once said that 13 months of 28 days would actually be more accurate. But since we didn't figure that out till relatively recently, people just got so accustomed to our current calander we'd never change to another.
Lousy Smarch weather!
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Mark wrote:An old teacher once said that 13 months of 28 days would actually be more accurate. But since we didn't figure that out till relatively recently, people just got so accustomed to our current calander we'd never change to another.
Lousy Smarch weather!
I thought it was Novemuary???
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mark wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:
Lousy Smarch weather!
I thought it was Novemuary???
:D
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Now, we'd have superstitious folk freaking out if there were 13 months. We'd have bad luck, like religious nuts deciding that science isn't the work of Satan.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Well, we had that down until the Christians came along and mucked everything up.
Interestingly enough you reference an example for your question which is also an example of a working solution. If the year doesn't fit evenly LIKE AN EARTH YEAR then you fiddle a bit with a few of the months until they work LIKE AN EARTH YEAR.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

And if the year doesn't fit evenly with twelve months, like how an earth year doesn't fit evenly into twelve months?
Blackstar, are you even reading your own posts?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:
And if the year doesn't fit evenly with twelve months, like how an earth year doesn't fit evenly into twelve months?
Blackstar, are you even reading your own posts?
Uh...no. Sometimes I start saying something and then my thoughts get jumbled and next thing you know I could be talking about something that doesn't seem to be related because I forgot something in the middle.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

So we noticed.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Grundig
Commander
Commander

Post by Grundig »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote: Sometimes I start saying something and then my thoughts get jumbled and next thing you know I could be talking about something that doesn't seem to be related because I forgot something in the middle.
Don't worry, I do this all the time. Conversation with me is like talking to an un-funny Robin Williams.
"I have nothing to say, I am saying it, and that is poetry."
John Cage
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Grundig wrote:Don't worry, I do this all the time. Conversation with me is like talking to an un-funny Robin Williams.
Wouldn't Robin Williams with all the funny bits removed be total silence?
email, ergo spam