New Batman Movie Gets Name

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: New Batman Movie Gets Name

Post by McAvoy »

Lighthawk wrote:Small nit: Bane wasn't among the escaped prisoners, he was the one who staged the break out for the sole purpose of making Batman run himself ragged chasing them all down, so that when Bane confronted Batman, the bat was too worn out to fight back. Batman really didn't know who Bane even was until they fought. It was all part of Bane's plan to take Gotham for his own.
I stand corrected. :wink:

I'd like to see how a Nolen Bane would look like.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Hmm... :D

email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

While i find her hot, I just don't see her as Catwoman. To be honest, I never liked the idea of Catwoman. In the setting of The Dark Knight I don't think it would work.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Well in truth, we don't have any real idea of how they will do Catwoman this time around.

One idea I read on another forum : so far, both movies have had two villains; one who is a straight evil bad guy, and and who is something of a dark mirror of Batman himself. So in the first movie we had Scarecrow, who was evil and out to destroy, and Ra's al Ghul, who is basically Batman but without the hope that things can improve.

In the second movie we had the Joker, who was evil and out to destroy, and two face, who was a Batman but without the restraint or compassion.

In this movie we have Bane as the bad guy who wants to destroy Batman... and if the pattern holds, then Catwoman may be shown as a kind of dark version of Batman.

For example, since this movie is the end of the trilogy it would be logical to have Batman in a place where he has essentially succeeded; the crime rings are broken, gone; the police are now able to enforce the law effectively themselves. So there's really no need for Batman... but Bruce finds that he's reluctant to give up the thrill-seeking adrenaline life he's now used to. Catwoman could then be the temptress, not just sexually, but in terms of showing him a way to carry on that lifestyle by turning it towards self gratification. She could dress it up as "robbing the rich and corrupt" or something as justification... tempting Batman to cross that line and become like her for what seem like good reasons.

I think that kind of theme has a lot of potential...
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I doubt it.

Catwoman has always been a "thrill seeker", meaning she dresses up, uses her skills, and does what she does for the rush.

Batman is obsessive and boarderline schizophrenic. He is out for justice. Oddly enough, the insane one is the good guy, and the adreniline junkie is the bad guy, and I think there is their relationship.

Plus, aren't they doing someting with Talia and Batman's son Damien?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.