Starfleetjedi and SDN

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Starfleetjedi and SDN

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:Seafort's been on a while now. I only recently realised the ban on free email accounts had been lifted in favour of a maths/science question.
But yeah, I see what you mean. I'm just going to keep my head down and stay out of the line of fire for now. :)
Really? I 'll have to register then now too. Stalking grows tiresome.

We have a lasers vs Fed Shield discussion somewhere on the forums, just necrobump it since it has NOTHING to do with Star Wars so you can avoid the whole debate.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I think registration has been temporarily closed due to an invasion by a group of retards.

As for the lasers topic, just create a new one if you're interested. There's no point bumping a debate that's probably been dead for a year or so now.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

They did close registration temporarily, but it's back open now. It has, however, gone back to admin-approval, so it might take a while between registering and actually getting onto the board.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Captain Seafort wrote:They did close registration temporarily, but it's back open now. It has, however, gone back to admin-approval, so it might take a while between registering and actually getting onto the board.
Alright I'll have to have one of you put in a good word in for me! :D
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Anybody read the "Untold Tales of Voyager" on SDN? I was laughing my ass off at it.

Here is a link to it: Untold Tales of Voyager
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

JudgeKing wrote:Anybody read the "Untold Tales of Voyager" on SDN? I was laughing my ass off at it.

Here is a link to it: Untold Tales of Voyager
Ho-lee carp, that's just disturbingly funny.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Just took a short visit to Starfleetjedi.net. What a sad waste of time... :bangwall:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Deepcrush wrote:Just took a short visit to Starfleetjedi.net. What a sad waste of time... :bangwall:
Strange how a lot of the old timers in the VS debate never seem to move on from that. SFJ can be a nice place for a chat about ST or other franchises but VS wise it's been covering the same thing for a good while. At least SDN has the benefit of being more active with RL topics.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I really liked SDnet's cross over fanfiction. I thought it was one of the more realistic of them that I'd seen. And SDnet's got a whole host of other vs topics which I've read and some are interesting. Some are kind of pointless... like Johnny Five vs R2 or R2 vs Wall-e :P I always wanted to start a Warcraft vs LOTR.

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Monroe wrote:I really liked SDnet's cross over fanfiction. I thought it was one of the more realistic of them that I'd seen. And SDnet's got a whole host of other vs topics which I've read and some are interesting. Some are kind of pointless... like Johnny Five vs R2 or R2 vs Wall-e :P I always wanted to start a Warcraft vs LOTR.
Starcrossed?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

erm sure? The one where Cpt Picard flies around on a Eclipse Class Super Star Destroyer.

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Monroe wrote:erm sure? The one where Cpt Picard flies around on a Eclipse Class Super Star Destroyer.
Oh, that is Conquest. Mike Wong's fic. Starcrossed is a massive crossover with virtually every SW/ST character getting an appearance.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Monroe wrote:erm sure? The one where Cpt Picard flies around on a Eclipse Class Super Star Destroyer.
That's Conquest. That's the first STvsSW crossover I read, and still my favourite. Data's reaction to adverts in particular is good. :lol:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Captain Seafort wrote:
That's Conquest. That's the first STvsSW crossover I read, and still my favourite. Data's reaction to adverts in particular is good. :lol:
My first one I read too. I thought he did a good job not showing favorites. I'll have to read the one Kendall linked. I made one of my own in high school once for fun. But I never finished and almost embarrassed to post it now that my writing in it is so bad comparatively to what I can do now.

-Remain Star Trek-
Praeothmin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Praeothmin »

So, if I get this right, everybody as Starfleetjedi are retards because they don't agree with SDN's view on Star Trek?
Wow.

Allow me to strongly disagree.
If you had taken time to read carefully, you would have noticed that not everyone agrees with the more outlandish claims for Star Trek, and that a lot of arguments are actually well formed.

But I guess that would be harder then just judging based on what others said, right? :mrgreen:

Seriously guys, you may not agree with what is said over there, but don't put us all in the same basket unless you've been there enough times to know... :poke:
The truth always depends on which side of the fence you're standing... ;)