Gamma mission sign in

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Re: Gamma mission sign in

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Reliant121 wrote:Voyager, apart from being a mockery of trek, was in extreme circumstances. Daystrome is not.
There was nothing stopping them from kicking Neelix and his ship off. Considering the number of times he did something annoying like make horrible food, sleep in sickbay, or get the ship sick, I'm suprised they didn't.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Mikey wrote:Nice: well detailed, his traits are explained, we get a good feel for the character. But what branch is he in? Science, ops, what? And which ship is he going to be on?
He was designed with a tac/sec OR ops track in mind. As for ship, I dunno. Would like to be the tac or sec off on the battleship, but will accept any assignment that doesn't contridict the character, like ships counseler :mrgreen:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Is there anything else that I need to do now???
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Neelix would never have stayed aboard a military vessel if it were in Fed space. Ever. Besides that fact you're also comparing Neelix just leaving his ship there in utterly ridiculous circumstances to a civilian onboard a military vessel harbouring their ship on that vessel, and then taking part - as a civilian - in Starfleet Fleet operations and missions on board his own private ship! It's just unrealistic.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Thorin wrote:It's just unrealistic.
Please tell me you didn't just say that. At what point was this realistic? We got a tholian as the XO of Starfleet's most advanced battle ship, a breen and a cardassian in starfleet. Oh and did I mention this is in a role playing game that takes place in a universe that doesn't exist? I think we can be a little flexable here.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It's a thing called "suspension of disbelief". Look it up sometime.
What about the Baxial? Voyager carried that ship around all the time and it was owned by a civilian.
Gee, did the fact that they were stuck on the other side of the galaxy fly past your head? They needed all the help they could get. Janeway thought Neelix, for some unfathomable reason, would be of help. Neelix insisted on bringing his garbage scow with them. Janeway either had to accept or tell her only source of information, however poor that source may have been, to take a hike.
You'd be the first to point out that a 10 year old wouldn't be a Starfleet officer.
What would a ten year old be doing with hir own ship?
And why can't a civie ship be on the Daystrom? Can anyone find me a quote or anything in canon that indicates that Starfleet ships can't haul civilian ships around?
How about common sense?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

We've all - except Blackstar - been RPing in a STAR TREK milieu, with all the limitations imposed thereby. Blackstar wants to use a species that isn't in that milieu - we said OK. Blackstar wants to add random abilities to invalidate everybody else or confer a magical advantage - we said OK. Blackstar uses technology that isn't used in our game milieu - we said OK. etc., etc.

We finally say, "Hey - this just doesn't make sense," Blackstar - and YOU feel like you're being treated unfairly?!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Blackstar - if you want the point, you can't have a civilian controlling a private vessel that takes part in Federation fleet operations, and it's not going on the Daystrom.

Making your character a SF member - perhaps making them a bit older - would require very little reworking, and would allow them to have a junior officer/NCO role as the normal Shadowfox pilot.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Hey, 2 questions gangs.

First, do I need to create some NPCs (for lack of a better term)?

Second, is it a safe bet I've got the Tac/Sec job on the battleship? (I need to know so I can create NPCs that have something to do with my department)
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

I've replied to your PM.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:
Reliant121 wrote: militaries, which DO include starfleet DONT sell ships,.
What about vehicles used in/as museums or as glorified lawn ornaments for vetern buildings?
M'Real would hardly count as a museum :p
I need to go soon so sorry if this has already been suggested but since it was a Starfleet design starfleet owns it. The Daystorm owns it. Period. BUT since this is ten years later the blueprints for a ship like that has been passed around and I don't see why the Intrepid or the battleship can't have Shadow Foxes of their own. Boom another problem solved.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

The Shadowfox is huge and doesn't really fit on the Intrepid :wink:
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:
You'd be the first to point out that a 10 year old wouldn't be a Starfleet officer.
What would a ten year old be doing with hir own ship?
Shi's only half-owner.
How about common sense?
This is Starfleet. We don't need no stinkin common sense. :P
We finally say, "Hey - this just doesn't make sense," Blackstar - and YOU feel like you're being treated unfairly?!
First of all, I never said that. Second of all, you guys fought me on each and every on of those incidents. And last but not least(which means making it last doesn't make sense :roll: ) I actually said that you guys could be more flexable, which is true.
Making your character a SF member - perhaps making them a bit older - would require very little reworking
Well, older is out of the question for a 'little reworking' since I'd have to totally rewrite hir. And shi's probably too young to be an actual Starfleet member, but what about some sort of acting ensign type position?
I don't see why the Intrepid or the battleship can't have Shadow Foxes of their own
Well, the Intrepid-class' main shuttlebay door isn't big enough to fit the Shadow Fox's given size. Then again it isn't big enough for the Delta Flyer either :?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Thorin wrote:The Shadowfox is huge and doesn't really fit on the Intrepid :wink:
phew. I can see Munro getting into trouble with his CO if his CO insists on putting children civilians on the front line.
I'm not sure what to tell you, Blackstar, as making your toon older would ruin how it was created in the firstplace. I can see the spawn of the Chakat getting into trouble with a lot of starfleet officers since its a child. Then I can see it hitting those officers. Then i can see it being thrown in the brig or kicked out. Then I can see M'Real getting into trouble for using her connections to get it onboard a ship. Then I can see you bitching OOC about it. Then I can see a thread 156 pages long because of incompatable RP.

Mark- feel free to create NPCs. Just make sure you say if they're killable, playable by others or what not. Kind of like in the Star Wars RP I made the NPC of the Captain.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Monroe wrote:Then I can see it hitting those officers.
First of all shi was raised not to hit, although calling hir an it might do it anyway.