Question about Star Wars fighters

Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Oh. Are you sure? He did say V-Wing, Not V-Wing Airspeeder.
The airspeeder used to be called just the V-Wing by fans for a long time before ROTS came around. And it seems clear from his description of the wings that he's not referring to the starfighter.
Well nowadays, everyone I talk to calls it the V-Wing Airspeeder now to avoid confusion.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
I didn't know there was this other V-Wing... o.O
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Monroe wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:
I didn't know there was this other V-Wing... o.O
Didn't you watch Episode III? :shock:
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Yes but I didn't know what those were called.
I never read any prequel EU.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That's probably a good idea.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:That's probably a good idea.
Dark Lord is excellent, better than any Zahn novel. I highly recommend it. The ICS books are good but unfortunately 99% of the EU is utter shite.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, that one was very well done. I liked Outbound Flight as well. And Travis' first novel wasn't too bad (surprisingly).
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:Yeah, that one was very well done. I liked Outbound Flight as well. And Travis' first novel wasn't too bad (surprisingly).
I haven't read Outbound Flight yet. I'm at the point where I've basically given up on SW until the live action show comes out.

Travis's first work wasn't bad but her descent into madness started shortly after. :roll:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I haven't read Outbound Flight yet. I'm at the point where I've basically given up on SW until the live action show comes out.
It's another Zahn novel. It's pretty good, and goes into some stuff on C'baoth's background.
Travis's first work wasn't bad but her descent into madness started shortly after. :roll:
I actualy thought she had a lot of promise when she wrote her first book. Then she was corrected on the 3 million clones bit, and went into a mass of rage against all us mere mortals who dare question her. After that things went downhill (tearing out traecheas, anyone?). :roll:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Rochey wrote:...After that things went downhill (tearing out traecheas, anyone?). :roll:
What, she thinks she's Rambo? :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

No, just mentally unstable with a persecution complex.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Clearly she's unstable if she thinks she can actually rip out someone's throat. That was the joke.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Well, she never actually said she could, merely that she wanted to.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Tsukiyumi wrote: What, she thinks she's Rambo? :lol:
She's a journo man. That's like Rambo, Riddick and Norris in one! :roll:
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Rochey wrote:That's probably a good idea.
Dark Lord is excellent, better than any Zahn novel. I highly recommend it. The ICS books are good but unfortunately 99% of the EU is utter shite.
Actually, 50% of the EU is utter shite-IE, New Jedi Order, Dark Nest Trilogy, and Legacy of the Force. That's effectively half the EU.

Some Bantam books were horrible, that was true-Crystal Star for one.

But Thrawn Trilogy, Black Fleet Crisis, Corellian Trilogy, Hand of Thrawn Duology, the X-Wing books, Knights of the Old Republic comic book and games...

I suggest you read/play more Star Wars EU before you go bashing it.

And the ICS is fanboy shite.