Voyagers path

Voyager
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:Kubrick has always been an acquired taste. I can see how, if you're not "into" his style it could be off-putting; I just do happen to be "into" it.
Could you get into Eyes Wide Shut? I believe Kubrick wanted to show how boring the mission actually would have been.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

No. Eyes Wide Shut was, IMO, further evidence that Kubrick was dying.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:No. Eyes Wide Shut was, IMO, further evidence that Kubrick was dying.
My wife and I didn't make it very far into it. Around the murdered woman, mask party part we bailed.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I ahve tried to watch eyes wide shut 3 times. I feel asleep 3 times... who would have thought a movie with that much tit in it could be so boring.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Teaos wrote:I ahve tried to watch eyes wide shut 3 times. I feel asleep 3 times... who would have thought a movie with that much tit in it could be so boring.
:lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ugh, I've lost count of the amount of times I've tried to watch that film. All attempts have been in vain, and I've pretty much given up at this point.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Mikey wrote:Kubrick has always been an acquired taste. I can see how, if you're not "into" his style it could be off-putting; I just do happen to be "into" it.
I am legit glad that you've found something to like. not being sarcastic or anything like that, since I know how hard it is to find something to like.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I can't even say I like all of his work. Eyes Wide Shut, as mentioned above, or Barry Lyndon did nothing for me. On the other hand, films like Full Metal Jacket, The Shining, A Clockwork Orange, Dr. Strangelove, Lolita, Spartacus, and Paths of Glory (much overlooked!) are true classics of all film-dom.
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

A Clockwork Orange
I dont know anyone who saw that movie and didnt like it. We got shown it for our 5th form english class.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

It seems oto be more popularly enjoyed than the book. I can't understand that, excepting for the fact that most people don't have three years of Russian classes to help them read it.
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:
I dont know anyone who saw that movie and didnt like it. We got shown it for our 5th form english class.
I've never seen it, we had to watch 1984 in English instead. I like Full Metal Jacket and Sparticus though.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I have yet to see the movie 1984 but have read the book.

I tried to read the bool Clockwork Orange but couldnt get into it.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

They made a film of 1984? How good is it, and did it stay true to the book?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:They made a film of 1984? How good is it, and did it stay true to the book?
Pretty close to the book. The film was shitte though, very low budget with horrible acting. John Hurt was in it and even that couldn't salvage it.

Edit: Parts of it are on youtube.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Meh. I think I'll stick with the book.