Did you know.....?

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed.
*sigh* I guess I'll just have to make do with the fan-made Tyranid mods.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Now I have to go buy it so I can download those mods. Can you get an advance genestealer force, too?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yep, there are genestealers. You can also get a Broodlord, which is pretty cool.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Captain Seafort wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:The Cyber-controller created the cybermen because he was dying. And he did have his own sort of throne
The Cyber Controller didn't create the Cybermen, he merely controlled them. He was also fully mobile, without any throne.

Observe his appearance.
What the hey? I was talking about the new Cybermen that were created on Earth in an alternate timeline the Tenth Doctor accidentally visited. The one with the airships and stuff. An old dying dude who was stuck in a wheel chair created the Cybermen as a way to extend his life, however they were rejected by the higher-ups for use, even after he eliminated the allergies to gold in the production models. He later was 'upgraded' to Cyber Controller when a friend tried to kill him after realizing what evil was going on. Cyber-Controller was later destroyed with his Cyberman factory in England.

I've never even seen these older Doctor Who episodes.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:What the hey? I was talking about the new Cybermen that were created on Earth in an alternate timeline the Tenth Doctor accidentally visited. The one with the airships and stuff. An old dying dude who was stuck in a wheel chair created the Cybermen as a way to extend his life, however they were rejected by the higher-ups for use, even after he eliminated the allergies to gold in the production models. He later was 'upgraded' to Cyber Controller when a friend tried to kill him after realizing what evil was going on. Cyber-Controller was later destroyed with his Cyberman factory in England.
I was talking about the Cybermen. The inhabitants of Mondas. Not some cheap and nasty alternate-universe knock-off.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

An old dying dude who was stuck in a wheel chair created the Cybermen as a way to extend his life, however they were rejected by the higher-ups for use, even after he eliminated the allergies to gold in the production models.
I thought he made them to take over the world, hence the built-in weapons.
He later was 'upgraded' to Cyber Controller when a friend tried to kill him after realizing what evil was going on. Cyber-Controller was later destroyed with his Cyberman factory in England.
Yes, but he was still fully mobile. I really don't see any comparisons here.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Captain Seafort wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:What the hey? I was talking about the new Cybermen that were created on Earth in an alternate timeline the Tenth Doctor accidentally visited. The one with the airships and stuff. An old dying dude who was stuck in a wheel chair created the Cybermen as a way to extend his life, however they were rejected by the higher-ups for use, even after he eliminated the allergies to gold in the production models. He later was 'upgraded' to Cyber Controller when a friend tried to kill him after realizing what evil was going on. Cyber-Controller was later destroyed with his Cyberman factory in England.
I was talking about the Cybermen. The inhabitants of Mondas. Not some cheap and nasty alternate-universe knock-off.
I don't even know what Mondas is. And the alternate-universe Cybermen are far more formidable then these guys in silver jumpsuits. And I heard they were allergic to gold or something. :roll:

The alternate-universe Cybermen are immune to small weapons fire, have palm-electrocution devices, and retractible laser guns. Your Cybermen are silver jumpsuit wearing guys with a very good grip.
I thought he made them to take over the world, hence the built-in weapons
Well, that wasn't why he started the project, but then he realized how powerful these Cybermen could be. And you know the old saying 'Ultimate power corrupts ultimately". Lot of good those weapons did against the Daleks though.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

ChakatBlackstar wrote:I don't even know what Mondas is. And the alternate-universe Cybermen are far more formidable then these guys in silver jumpsuits. And I heard they were allergic to gold or something. :roll:

The alternate-universe Cybermen are immune to small weapons fire, have palm-electrocution devices, and retractible laser guns. Your Cybermen are silver jumpsuit wearing guys with a very good grip.
Mondas was the home planet of the original Cybermen, and originally a twin planet to Earth.

Alt-Earth Cybermen have some decent firepower, but they don't have interstellar flight. The Mondas Cybermen not only had interstellar flight, but had the technology and industrial base to require Whoverse 26th century Earth to ally with several other Galactic powers to defeat them.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Captain Seafort wrote: Mondas was the home planet of the original Cybermen, and originally a twin planet to Earth.
A twin planet? That doesn't make any sense. How did it leave the solar system or at least avoid detection for so many years? Build a huge rocket engine at one of the poles? That is just silly. And how are they more advanced then their twin?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

ChakatBlackstar wrote:A twin planet? That doesn't make any sense. How did it leave the solar system or at least avoid detection for so many years? Build a huge rocket engine at one of the poles? That is just silly. And how are they more advanced then their twin?
It was originally coorbital, on the far side of the sun. Why it left the solar system is unknown - either under its own power (it did indeed have engines), or due to a passing gravity well.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Captain Seafort wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:A twin planet? That doesn't make any sense. How did it leave the solar system or at least avoid detection for so many years? Build a huge rocket engine at one of the poles? That is just silly. And how are they more advanced then their twin?
It was originally coorbital, on the far side of the sun. Why it left the solar system is unknown - either under its own power (it did indeed have engines), or due to a passing gravity well.
Wait...I'm right? This must be what Jackson felt like in the first episode of Stargate SG-1.

I suppose the Cybermen's construction would allow them to adapt for the environment of deep space, but the gravitational changes on Earth and the other planets would be extreme.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

ChakatBlackstar wrote:I suppose the Cybermen's construction would allow them to adapt for the environment of deep space, but the gravitational changes on Earth and the other planets would be extreme.
That's why they started modifying their bodies - to cope with the conditions of interstellar space.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, that wasn't why he started the project, but then he realized how powerful these Cybermen could be. And you know the old saying 'Ultimate power corrupts ultimately".
*shrug*
Okay, whatever. I still don't see any similarities, though.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Did you know... American paper currency is made mostly from cotton? A lot of it comes from leftover material from the producing of jeans.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Did you know Attila the Hun died from a nosebleed?