Today I Watched...

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Today I Watched...

Post by T'Pau »

Spiderman Across the Spiderverse: Warning..if you blink, you miss a dozen characters or more. What a frenetic mess! Felt like an emoji-scroll on super speed mode. Loved the T-Rex in a Spidey suit. Big cliffhanger sets up the next sequel..meh!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:42 am Ad Astra. Movie with Brad Pitt and Tommy Lee Jones. You would think it would be interesting. It's not. Slow burn. The end is anti climatic.
It was so dull I gave up after about 1/2 hour!
McAvoy wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:42 am Shazam 2. I still gold that the other foster kids getting their powers should have waited until this movie and not in the first one. The problem is how much do we really know these kids? The kids and then their Shazam selves. You might as well have a whole set of difference characters not related to each other.

With the exception of the oldest, the female red one who is the same. But it also brings a point where the older these kids get and look the less likely they will look like the adult versions. Like how old is Billy? 17-18? By that point he should look very much like what a fully grown adult version of himself should look like.

The end is odd. How and where did they go? Same clothes going from Philadelphia to maybe somewhere in Greece? Amazon island?
It was the realm of the gods. The tree was there.
McAvoy wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:42 am Again brings up that point since we are dealing with Greek goddesses, shouldn't Diana be involved? Shouldn't she get involved just because she would be family to the Atlas sisters in a way?
Did you not see the final scenes?
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:13 pm
McAvoy wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:42 am Ad Astra. Movie with Brad Pitt and Tommy Lee Jones. You would think it would be interesting. It's not. Slow burn. The end is anti climatic.
It was so dull I gave up after about 1/2 hour!
McAvoy wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:42 am Shazam 2. I still gold that the other foster kids getting their powers should have waited until this movie and not in the first one. The problem is how much do we really know these kids? The kids and then their Shazam selves. You might as well have a whole set of difference characters not related to each other.

With the exception of the oldest, the female red one who is the same. But it also brings a point where the older these kids get and look the less likely they will look like the adult versions. Like how old is Billy? 17-18? By that point he should look very much like what a fully grown adult version of himself should look like.

The end is odd. How and where did they go? Same clothes going from Philadelphia to maybe somewhere in Greece? Amazon island?
It was the realm of the gods. The tree was there.
McAvoy wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:42 am Again brings up that point since we are dealing with Greek goddesses, shouldn't Diana be involved? Shouldn't she get involved just because she would be family to the Atlas sisters in a way?
Did you not see the final scenes?
b
It was dull the entire way through. It was only slightly mildly interesting seeing the Moon as a bit of a tourist attraction and some light up neon signs outside the Moon base. But that is early in the movie.

I was mostly sure it was in a realm of the gods or not on Earth. Just how did they get there. No one had powers and the Wizard if I remember didn't either. Maybe I missed something?

I did see the end. I saw Wonder Woman revive Billy because she is a demi God. But she is pretty much related of the Greek/Roman God pantheon, so you would think Wonder Woman getting directly involved the moment the Atlas sisters made everyone statues in the beginning. She would probably have been taught some stuff when she was a child.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Heart of Stone: Gal Gadot as a Bond/Mission Impossible type secret agent...lots of action, some good twists, enjoyable while a bit 'been here seen that'...
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

Deadpool 2 on Disney+.

I also finished Season 5 of Agents of SHIELD. With the last few episodes of the season overlapping with Infinity War, I was expecting the season finale to end with some of the team disappearing with Thanos' snap.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Varthikes wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:38 am Deadpool 2 on Disney+.

I also finished Season 5 of Agents of SHIELD. With the last few episodes of the season overlapping with Infinity War, I was expecting the season finale to end with some of the team disappearing with Thanos' snap.
I think I am still on season 3 of Agents of Shield. I probably should get back on that. But I have to watch The Witcher S3, finish Picard S3, start S2 of Strange New Worlds, then probably Ashoka. Let alone sitcoms I have to catch up on.

I haven't even watched Ant-Man 3 and Guardians of the Galaxy 3 either or the the Christmas special.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

McAvoy wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:09 pm
Varthikes wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:38 am Deadpool 2 on Disney+.

I think I am still on season 3 of Agents of Shield. I probably should get back on that. But I have to watch The Witcher S3, finish Picard S3, start S2 of Strange New Worlds, then probably Ashoka. Let alone sitcoms I have to catch up on.
I started Agents of SHIELD a couple of times when it was on Netflix. I got maybe five or six episodes in before getting sidetracked, focusing more on the older shows I was watching at the time. I've been working my way through the decades, year-by-year, and finally getting to the current shows, recently finished Season 1 of Star Trek: Discovery for the first time and Star Wars: Rebels.

=====================

Today, I watched Solo. I'm still holding out hope, however slim, for a continuation of that story.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

At least not having to watch more "Season 1 of Star Trek: Discovery" is a bonus. :)
email, ergo spam
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

At first, I was inclined to not watch Discovery at all. But, having watched shows like Space Academy, Jason of Star Command, Galactica 1980, Transformers, Star Wars Holiday Special, Star Wars: Ewoks, Star Wars: Droids, I figured, "How much worse could it be?"

They certainly gave it their best shot.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Meg 2 The Trench: A while ago, I read all the 'Meg' series by Steve Alten..silly sharky fun in size extra extra large. When the first film came out, I was completely entertained by the super-sized silliness. This sequel has upped the silly level times ten or more. Still a fun way to spend a rainy morning.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Varthikes wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:22 am At first, I was inclined to not watch Discovery at all. But, having watched shows like Space Academy, Jason of Star Command, Galactica 1980, Transformers, Star Wars Holiday Special, Star Wars: Ewoks, Star Wars: Droids, I figured, "How much worse could it be?"

Discovery S1 didn't bother me as much as others did, but for only a ten episode season, there was no need to go to the Mirror Universe. Focus on that Klingon War that you started. Though with how Trek is now it certainly made a mess of things.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

T'Pau wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:08 pm Meg 2 The Trench: A while ago, I read all the 'Meg' series by Steve Alten..silly sharky fun in size extra extra large. When the first film came out, I was completely entertained by the super-sized silliness. This sequel has upped the silly level times ten or more. Still a fun way to spend a rainy morning.
As good as they are, the one thing that this movie (and quite a few others) keep getting wrong is the use of the term "Apex Predator". They all seem to think it refers to a single "shark", "meg" or other animal. It doesn't it is referring to an entire species that occupies the top slot in the predation pyramid. A predator that nothing else hunts as prey. In this movie they see the largest Meg and then say something along the lines of "he's the Apex predator", well no "Science says, No!". All megs are the Apex Predator within the trench. To ruin it further we actually see a giant octopus attack a Meg.
email, ergo spam
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:46 pm
Varthikes wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:22 am At first, I was inclined to not watch Discovery at all. But, having watched shows like Space Academy, Jason of Star Command, Galactica 1980, Transformers, Star Wars Holiday Special, Star Wars: Ewoks, Star Wars: Droids, I figured, "How much worse could it be?"

Discovery S1 didn't bother me as much as others did, but for only a ten episode season, there was no need to go to the Mirror Universe. Focus on that Klingon War that you started. Though with how Trek is now it certainly made a mess of things.
What Klingons. I didn't see any Klingons in Star Trek Discovery. Which is an unforgivable sin of this series.
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

"Science says No" is a given, when watching any 'Meg' movie, thus the silly fun factor. Not as if they are being shown on National Geographic or having Sir Attenbourogh doing the voice-overs.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

IanKennedy wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:41 am What Klingons. I didn't see any Klingons in Star Trek Discovery. Which is an unforgivable sin of this series.
My thoughts exactly.