Today I Watched...

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Today I Watched...

Post by T'Pau »

John Wick 4: holds up well to the rest of the franchaise...a good action film with constant tension throughout..enjoyed it!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

T'Pau wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:31 am
McAvoy wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:10 am Super Mario Bros.
Movie is good. It is what it is. They did swap out Luigi and the Princess. You will know what I mean if you see it.
Saw this today: it felt more frenetic than any of the games, so rhings flew past with barely a chance to catch them visually.

I wish C. Pratt would have chosen a single 'accent' to embody his Mario, instead of sliding aimlessly between several mismash convoluted ones.

As said above, it is what it is.
I may re-watch it myself. I didn't catch the accent swapping outside the obvious one in the beginning. Had to pay attention to a bunch of kids.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

T'Pau wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:10 am John Wick 4: holds up well to the rest of the franchaise...a good action film with constant tension throughout..enjoyed it!
They certainly dialled it up to 20 (you can forget 11).
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

McAvoy wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:43 am
T'Pau wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:31 am
McAvoy wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:10 am Super Mario Bros.
Movie is good. It is what it is. They did swap out Luigi and the Princess. You will know what I mean if you see it.
Saw this today: it felt more frenetic than any of the games, so rhings flew past with barely a chance to catch them visually.

I wish C. Pratt would have chosen a single 'accent' to embody his Mario, instead of sliding aimlessly between several mismash convoluted ones.

As said above, it is what it is.
I may re-watch it myself. I didn't catch the accent swapping outside the obvious one in the beginning. Had to pay attention to a bunch of kids.
Most folks are not bothered by nuances in speech/music...years of fine tning my ears (part of the gig) makes me more aware of those types of issues in both film and live performances.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Assassin Club: silly shoot/stab'em up flick that is quite bad all the way around. I suggest Bullit Train instead, for group assassin fun.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

It was truly awful. Bullit Train or John Wick 4 for a far better time.
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Extraction (2020) and Extraction 2 (2023): a pair of Chris Hemsworth shoot'em up violent carnage slim plot vehicles...loads of action, super high body counts, testosterone fueled mayhem. I wish they were better, but Netflix seems to like them enough to order a third. Think 'aussie-john wick' but not as enjoyable.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Red Notice.

Not bad. I didn't pay that much attention to it due to spilling milk all of my computer keyboard and trying to clean it up (ended up needing a new one).

The Rock felt odd the entire movie and I chalked it up to Rock's acting, but the ending explained it. The very end shouldn't have happened. I think it would have been better for Reynolds character to have called the Feds and have them go on the run.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Yesterday I watched:

The Flash - Very mixed feelings about this one. While it was great to see some famous returns to the Batman, the whole story was just not very good. The CG of flash running seemed just plain wrong. Superman spotting where pretty neat also.

Asteroid City - A very very odd movie, to be honest not very good.

No Hard Feelings - Jenifer Laurence "comedy" which pretty much falls flat. It tried to be all things and does' quite manage to be any of them.
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

65: cheap jurassic park in space (sort of), with Adam Driver once again showing off his lack of acting chops...Boo Hiss!!!
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Yes, that was pretty dire.
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Fast X: Physics says No and No and No again...wow! And since when is a sociopath portrayed as an outrageous metrosexual? Odd choice is an understatement. And yes, I totally get these are escapist entertainment juggernauts and make oodles and caboodles of cash..so be it. Plenty of popcorn, earplugs and suspension of disbelief encouraged! (oh, and it is only part 1 of their huge finale exit....if you believe them)
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Escape from New York: all my time on this planet and never once saw it.

One thing I noticed in these much older movies is the male actors. They all look like normal people where somewhere down the line Hollywood started to use better looking men.

Also Adrienne Barbeau. Wow. She was distracting.

A Quiet Place Part 2. So these creatures cannot swim.

Unless, they sent them to practically every island, speck of dirt on this planet, there will be surviving human populations.

Would not surprise me if there is a military base deep underground or on a ship right now gathering forces and equipment to combat them.

I wonder what a dog whistle would do them.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

McAvoy wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:00 pm Escape from New York: all my time on this planet and never once saw it.
Original or updated version. Original is great.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:16 pm
McAvoy wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:00 pm Escape from New York: all my time on this planet and never once saw it.
Original or updated version. Original is great.
Original. There is a updated one? Like remake? Reboot?