New RPG discussion.

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

And if we go to Cardie space, why not salvage a Galor or a Excelsior, Possibly a Miranda. They are NOT Uncommon and are NOT a ship with a Kick me sign on it! PERIOD!!!
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

A galor might be nice! An excelsior would be even better. Those are fair ships but with those you would need a fair size crew. Again another problem is getting a trained crew.

The Miranda isn't a bad choice though. A small crew, good range, very unkick me looking. Its also not a ship that would stand out as they are so old and rusted looking you might be able to slip by.

By the way if starfleet saw an excelsior or galor passing through their space, what on earth or that drab you call romulas would make you think they wouldn' be concerned or pissed. Really now, got to look at it from their shoes. Something like *kick me with a PT up my tailpipe* comes to mind.

The only fitting ship you've thought of so far is the Miranda. Which in truth wouldn't be a bad ship for a crew of mercs so its well worth looking into. When thinking of a ship to use you have to think about what you are using it for. If you have to kill, kidnap or rescue someone then what kind of ship would be best?
They are NOT Uncommon and are NOT a ship with a Kick me sign on it! PERIOD!!!
As to this well again we must think. They aren't uncommon but you aren't going to be able to move anywhere without being watched. Also if you want to operate in UFP space and a starfleet ship hails you and you can do... well what can you do? That kick me sign just transformed into a neon-billboard! PERIOD!!! :lol:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Thats what the cloak is for. Once you pass the border, you cloak and move on.
And when we de-cloak we'll likely be flagged as probable hostiles by every ship in range. Keeping hidden implies we're up to something. Using a ship that is the preffered vessel of a race well known for aggression and for shooting first and asking questions later practica;y ensures we'll be treated as hostiles.
Besides there's no profit inside the UFP.
Of course there is. Federation citizens are not able to purchase their own ships from what we've seen. Starfleet has a monopoly on starships within the Federation. As a ship-for-hire, we supply a (possibly well-armed) ship to whoever needs one, complete with cargo bays and crew. That's the supply, and there's going to be a lot of demand from people who need ships and don't want to involve Starfleet.

Anyway, this is all moot. As we'll be using whichever ship Blackstar wants to use. Shi's the boss, after all. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

For the point of the argument, I'll concede the point Deep made. But I still vote for a Miranda...if you can get one.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

True enough but then again you would only cloak when you do have something to hide. Otherwise you could just cruise about.

Has hir said anything about whe shi wants?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

If the B'rel is out then I would happily support Reliant's vote for the Miranda. It would make a good ship for our needs.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

No. It seems that shi is ignoring us...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Didn't Talora's shuttle have a cloaking device? Granted there's a rather noticeble matter of size, but would it be possible to shove the cloak on our larger ship?
If not, there's still the option of 'acquiring' one through other means.

As for Blackstar, I don't think shi logged on since we started arguing about which ship would be better suited for us.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Yes my cloaking device could be used. You'd have to tie it into the Deflector array just to give it a little more. And you may have to fiddle with the Tachyon emittions of the Impulse or warp engines...
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

A miranda with a cloak? There are possiblities! :twisted:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Captain! Large quantaties of technobabble detected off the starboard bow!
All hands; brace for nonsense!
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Your plasma wake from your impulse drive would be a big deal as well. It would be a cloaked ship with fireworks coming out the back of it. Some work would be needed there as well.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Rochey wrote:Captain! Large quantaties of technobabble detected off the starboard bow!
All hands; brace for nonsense!
It would be like an invisible car with smoke and fire coming out of the tailpipe.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

You may have to Take a look at the Impulse engines of the Romulan shuttle. They were probably designed to be as non-emissive( I checked it was a word) as possible. Perhaps the Impulse or warp engines could be configured with Romulan technology to dampen the energy output.

Sometimes i love technobabble. I bore everyone at school with it. Its fun.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I see the majority seems to want the Miranda-class. It's small, compact, easy to modify, and heavily armed for its size, has two large bays in the back. With Talora's cloaking device it seems to be perfect for our needs.