Alpha V2 OOC Thread

Moderator: BigJKU316

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: Alpha V2 OOC Thread

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I've had a busy week so it will likely be late Saturday night or early sunday morning for me to turn in my sheet.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'm doing my best to get the sheet in on time, but I can't find my pen drive anywhere. I'm desperately trying to find it but today has been a bad day. I'm not doing too well on fronts of organisation, time management and work was hell. I'll do my best guys.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

FOUND IT. Crisis averted.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I am doing my best. Should be in today.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by BigJKU316 »

One more time with this request.

Please please please please include with your spreadsheets a writeup that gives me the combat rating for a design. I guess I don't really care if you give me all the DITL stuff or a writeup as some do but I really need the combat rating. Otherwise I have to go back and enter your stats into the DITL website and figure it out and it takes me FOREVER and slows down turnaround.

Thanks guys.
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

An FYI on how the five year turns will work.

I will run economic models once at the beginning and once at the end. All resource buying and production increases and R&D are brought forward to be paid for in year for simplicity sake. Then I unwind it all in year 5, if you are still short you start borrowing. Diplomatic stuff will happen once in the turn as well rather than 5 times. In short things should be close to how you expected to see them but possibly not exactly there as I am running a true year then 4 years where you really just accrue cash, resources, growth and ships. I will then set economic prices for commodities off the 5th year results.
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

Turns are out. Due again this weekend on Sunday. News later this week, not that much is going on but building and buying of resources.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

For those of you who are interested, I've placed the 1st of a planned 5 article series on the Ragnar up in the Ragnar Thread. The series is based off of BIG's "year with 3rd Fleet" for Beta and I thought that this would be a good/better way to approach letting people get to "know" the Ragnar and see them the way I see them. All five will by written by Hayden Flynn who is a made up feature write for FNN, so this is all from a Federation Citizens perspective.

Also, for those of you who read this and like it, one of the pieces I want to do is "A Day/Interview with the Narok" I have a few ideas for different questions I'm going to have appear, but if anyone has anything they'd like to know, or think I should include please PM them to me, i'd love to have them.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Lt. Staplic wrote:For those of you who are interested, I've placed the 1st of a planned 5 article series on the Ragnar up in the Ragnar Thread. The series is based off of BIG's "year with 3rd Fleet" for Beta and I thought that this would be a good/better way to approach letting people get to "know" the Ragnar and see them the way I see them. All five will by written by Hayden Flynn who is a made up feature write for FNN, so this is all from a Federation Citizens perspective.

Also, for those of you who read this and like it, one of the pieces I want to do is "A Day/Interview with the Narok" I have a few ideas for different questions I'm going to have appear, but if anyone has anything they'd like to know, or think I should include please PM them to me, i'd love to have them.
Interesting read Staplic, good to read it from someone's personal perspective, adds some flavour to it. Look forward to reading some more, and to see how the Ragnar interact with the other powers.
“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.”
― Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

It was nice read. It was interesting to hear their take on the Klingons. Seems that the two have a good bit in common.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Thanks, I've finished the next two, which will go up during the next 5 year turn: "A Week with a Ragnar Recruit" and "An Interview with the Narok" which take place in 2386 and 2388 respectively. I'll post those after turns are submitted most likely
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Sorry for slow replies this week. My newest daughter was born on Monday so I've been busy.
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain

Post by BigJKU316 »

Congratulations. Hope she is healthy and happy. Now you can get replies out during 2AM feedings for a while.

My 2nd son is on the way in November so everyone can expect the coherence of their reports to drop off for a while at that time.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

2nd? Weak. Once you have to drop man to man and go zone come talk to me.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

lol. Congrats Tyyr.